Post Split Fixtures - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Post Split Fixtures

With Kilmarnock losing today the top and bottom 6 are finalised. Only 13 days until the next round of league games. 12 if there is a Friday game.

Is there a date that the fixtures are being announced? Might we see them today or tomorrow morning?

Looking at the top 6 ICT going by equal split are due St. Johnstone at home and every one else away. So reckon we will have 2 at home and 3 away. So will someone will be coming to Inverness for a third time.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Kilmarnock losing today the top and bottom 6 are finalised. Only 13 days until the next round of league games. 12 if there is a Friday game.

Is there a date that the fixtures are being announced? Might we see them today or tomorrow morning?

Looking at the top 6 ICT going by equal split are due St. Johnstone at home and every one else away. So reckon we will have 2 at home and 3 away. So will someone will be coming to Inverness for a third time.

Does anyone actually go to Inverness a 2nd time? Once was enough for me!

I'm wondering how long you've been following Scottish football.... ;)

Think of the most convenient option for the fans, then ignore it completely.

They'll be announced 10 minutes before the first game...

We have played 16 home games so 3 more to go ,but we have played all other top 6 twice away from home so how do they decide who we play away for the 3rd time ,ff####in shambles as usual

If I'm not mistaken we have played St Mirren, Ross County, Motherwell and Hamilton twice at home already.

It is based on the leagues predictions of who they think will be top and bottom 6 and they use last season as their basis for it. So Motherwell and Dundee messed the balance of fixtures up this season.

I'm actually in favour of the split, it adds excitment to the mid table. It can throw up instances like this though. A 14 team league with a 6/8 split would be my preference.

Massive games, especially ross county vs motherwell.

I think the game will be dingwall, hope i am wrong.

They try to be fair when it comes to important games such as that one so I would expect whoever is due the home game to get it.

The fixtures will already be decided and will have been for a while now. Now that they know what fixtures they are using I guess they have to sort out tv games then release them.

We have played 16 home games so 3 more to go ,but we have played all other top 6 twice away from home so how do they decide who we play away for the 3rd time ,ff####in shambles as usual

We have only played St Johnstone away once. We should be due 3 homes and 2 aways but the 'correct' fixtures would be 4 and 1. I think there is an assumption as to which teams will be in which half of the split when the initial fixtures are decided. Motherwell's drop from 2nd to 11th has screwed it up as we would have been away to them.

Motherwell are due.

St Mirren away

Hamilton away

Partick thistle home

Kilmarnock home

Ross county home

Which also works out 19 home, 19 away.

I know if a team that's expected to go in the bottom 6 makes the top 6, they get the raw deal with fixtures. Not sure how it works in the bottom 6? Any Aberdeen fans better experienced able to fill me in? :P

Motherwell are due.

St Mirren away

Hamilton away

Partick thistle home

Kilmarnock home

Ross county home

I know if a team that's expected to go in the bottom 6 makes the top 6, they get the raw deal with fixtures. Not sure how it works in the bottom 6? Any Aberdeen fans better experienced able to fill me in? :P

Will 'Well be playing all their games, or will they just play 2% of them?

Motherwell are due.

St Mirren away

Hamilton away

Partick thistle home

Kilmarnock home

Ross county home

I know if a team that's expected to go in the bottom 6 makes the top 6, they get the raw deal with fixtures. Not sure how it works in the bottom 6?

Jags will be due Killie at home but already played the other 4 twice at home so one of them will have to come to Firhill for a third time. That could be Motherwell as they are the ones who have messed up the fixtures.

Phoned SPFL as they refused to reply to my email and Twitter questions. Guy there said they'll be announced in next couple of days and that the fixtures are being worked on.

Surely they should've been working on them the last couple of weeks preparing for each scenario on who was in the top & bottom six? Doesn't surprise me though that they're this disorganised.

Can sympathise with the SPFL to sum degree. For example, Inverness are due 3 home games to give them an equal 19-19 but have faced four of the sides at home twice already, meaning two of them will go back up there a third time.

Phoned SPFL as they refused to reply to my email and Twitter questions. Guy there said they'll be announced in next couple of days and that the fixtures are being worked on.

Surely they should've been working on them the last couple of weeks preparing for each scenario on who was in the top & bottom six? Doesn't surprise me though that they're this disorganised.

If that is true it's a nonsense. There were only two possibilities. Dundee top 6, Kilmarnock bottom 6 or the other way about. The fixtures should already have been decided for both scenarios and could have been given to the tv companies to pick games for either scenario and we would have had them this morning.

I just have this picture of someone sitting in the spfl office writing fixtures with a pencil, seeing he has the same game twice, rubbing it out, starting again only to then have the same team playing twice in one week so gives up for a while and plays sporcle for 4 hours.