600 Away Fans At Rugby Park - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

600 Away Fans At Rugby Park

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Total hell inside Todders if we clinch the title.

I doubt it. Celtic will get the reduced number of tickets, and the 1700 or so of you will be stuck in the corner where nobody can see you.

Unless you're talking about the pies, that's a different thing.

Our whole support should if the league is already sown up and leave Aberdeen with a 4 figure attendance for cutting our allocation

Sounds good to me :ok:

You'll also be glad to hear this reduction will be permanent as during the closed season old barrier is being removed :ok:

Sounds good to me :ok:

You'll also be glad to hear this reduction will be permanent as during the closed season old barrier is being removed :ok:

To quickly be put up by the start of September when Mcinnes ####s off to Preston North End/Rangers/Insert small club here , and your attendances fall again :ok:

Our whole support should if the league is already sown up and leave Aberdeen with a 4 figure attendance for cutting our allocation

Good, will save Aberdeen money from replacing the seats that get broken

90s were the best times. So much positivity, team on the up, new stadium, big crowds, winning a trophy, playing in Europe.

It was a bit of a peak though, the average was below 10,000 when we won the league, and when I started going 4 figures was a good crowd.

Having been through such a highpoint it's a pretty depressing state of affairs at the moment though. I see the Moffat Stand isn't going to be used next season now too. Not sure what can be done to rejuvenate things tbh...

Aye, those "successful" times were when you overspent massively to pay for that success. Other teams who spent within their means had to yoyo up and down divisions.

I want them with 4 games to go if the gap is at 8 points.

Total hell inside Todders if we clinch the title.

Think it'll be first game after the split to avoid this scenario.

Aye, those "successful" times were when you overspent massively to pay for that success. Other teams who spent within their means had to yoyo up and down divisions.

St Johnstone spent silly money too. George Oboyle snorted most of it though.

Most our debt was a result of the hotel. We had guys on big money but so did most teams at that time.

At least we've always played by book unlike many others.

St Johnstone spent silly money too. George Oboyle snorted most of it though.

Most our debt was a result of the hotel. We had guys on big money but so did most teams at that time.

At least we've always played by book unlike many others.

Pish. We always spent within our means. You had guys like Durrant, Cocard, McCoist, et al. No chance you had a balanced bank book to pay these guys their exorbitant amounts.

Really? The most expensive member of the cup winning team was Paul Wright. Signed from yourselves I believe via the gift of a personal cheque from the chairman...

Pish. We always spent within our means. You had guys like Durrant, Cocard, McCoist, et al. No chance you had a balanced bank book to pay these guys their exorbitant amounts.

Always? So the brown family has never bankrolled your signings?

We had a rich benefactor in the 90s too. For example I believe the £350k we paid you for Paul Wright was a personal cheque from Jim Moffat.

We overspent I agree. However we suffered from that in later years when paying silly amounts on interest payments to the bank.

Every team overspent in the 90s. Thankfully we never did to the extent that we entered admin, paid anyone off or shafted local companies.

Always? So the brown family has never bankrolled your signings?

We had a rich benefactor in the 90s too. For example I believe the £350k we paid you for Paul Wright was a personal cheque from Jim Moffat.

We overspent I agree. However we suffered from that in later years when paying silly amounts on interest payments to the bank.

Every team overspent in the 90s. Thankfully we never did to the extent that we entered admin, paid anyone off or shafted local companies.

The Brown family are on record as saying they never bankrolled any signings for us. Geoff Brown was a great believer in a business model. You cannot pay out with what you do not have coming in.