Happy Resurrection Sunday, Everyone! - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Happy Resurrection Sunday, Everyone!

I agree, we all have strong beliefs in something and need challenged by those not like minded. My problem is the ridicule, that borders on bullying in my eyes.

Yes.

Scotty does play the martyr also but there are some on here who like to target others for removal. Scotty is mostly big enough to see them off but others are not. I don't like it. And they hunt in packs like the cowards they are. Gives me the boak.

That said when you present your theory as fact to rational thinkers you are going to come across as unhinged.

Just because you intuit something to be true does not always mean it is. Sometimes your intuition is wrong although I will concede far less often than your mind but still...

(Be a sad day for this board if Scotty ever quit.)

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but there are some on here who like to target others for removal. Scotty is mostly big enough to see them off but others are not. I don't like it. And they hunt in packs like the cowards they are. Gives me the boak.

I hope you don't include me in that? I've certainly never agitated for anyone's removal. I've never so much as reported anyone. You and I have had our differences, and phart doesn't half get on my tits as well at times :lol: but I wouldn't want anyone banned or try to drive them away.

For what it's worth, the main reason I engage with Scotty, phart and you is because it stretches me. I frankly don't understand what the hell you're all on about half the time (phart in particular :blush: ) and the reading I'm forced to do to make sense of it all is half the fun.

My apologies if it comes across as bullying - it's certainly not intentional.

Your second sentence is spot on, I'm sure he can and he will. :ok:

Absolutely no need to apologise. I was just pointing out how it can look from the outside and more than anything else I despise bullying.

Speaketh a wise man.

We have have had our differences but Scotty is always a gentleman.

We have not had our differences. Unless you've been briefing behind my back!

Last time we met, I let you buy me a pint! :mad:

Why? Scotty refuses to even consider the possibility that he's wrong (not just with the god stuff) so why not meet dogma with dogma?

I'm speaking generally here, but you can't logic someone out of a position that they haven't logiced themselves into.

There's no need to mock though; just move on.

No. So someone posts something overtly racist, just move on.Someone post something homophobic, just move on. Aye right.

His beliefs are fair game, and don't give it, that because its his 'faith' it's somehow sacrosanct, else we'll just re-enact all the blasphemy laws and be done with it.

I'm speaking generally here, but you can't logic someone out of a position that they haven't logiced themselves into.

Hence ridicule the ridiculous.

And don't kid yourself that his beliefs are harmless cos they're not.

From the Daily Mash

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/jesus-died-to-give-us-two-bank-holidays-2014041785796

Jesus died to give us two bank holidays

17-04-14

THE Archbishop of Canterbury has given thanks to Jesus, who gave his life so that we could have not just a Monday off work but a Friday too.

Jesus, Gods only begotten son, died for his belief that workers deserve a four-day paid break just when the weather is beginning to pick up.

Archbishop Justin Welby said: The heavenly miracle of Good Friday was bought with the blood of the Lamb, spilt for everyone whos got a bit of decorating to do.

How can the atheists scoff when only eight days of leave need be booked to give sixteen days off? Marvel at the ways of the Lord.

Biblical scholars believe Jesus was a carpenter, hard at work in Nazareth, who received a divine revelation telling him to take a few days off and maybe catch some rays at the Sea of Galilee.

Jesuss teachings spread until Easter became a holiday long enough to get 12 mates together and head into Jerusalem for a big meal with plenty of wine.

The Archbishop, reading from the Bible, said: Now when the evening did come, He died on the cross. And behold, on the third day He rose again nice and late after his first proper lie-in in ages.

And He said unto them, Fear not ye for there is still no work tomorrow. Lo, does anyone fancy a pint?

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

No. No. I was speaking generally.

And since you can't do that, is there really any point in engaging?

Yes, I think so. I actually admire Scotty a wee bit for having the patience, not to mention the good grace, to continue peddling his mince in the face of such hostility. Leaving aside his nutty view of the world, the way he doggedly goes about his business of trying to convince us that we're all f*cked is enjoyable to get involved in. I particularly enjoy the fact that everything, ####in EVERYTHING, has an answer where Scotty's concerned. Have you ever seen him say 'aye, fair do's, you were right, I was wrong'?

Yes, I think so. I actually admire Scotty a wee bit for having the patience, not to mention the good grace, to continue peddling his mince in the face of such hostility. Leaving aside his nutty view of the world, the way he doggedly goes about his business of trying to convince us that we're all f*cked is enjoyable to get involved in. I particularly enjoy the fact that everything, ####in EVERYTHING, has an answer where Scotty's concerned. Have you ever seen him say 'aye, fair do's, you were right, I was wrong'?

If you find it enjoyable, then by all means use it as entertainment.

I didn't. So, I don't engage.

As long as people respect each other - and by that I suppose I mean not resorting to personal abuse - and also I don't mean that others beliefs demand respect either, then so be it.

But it's not for me.

And as far as someone admitting they were wrong? Well, if someone believes in being in possession of absolute truth - that's going to be rarer than hen's teeth.

Edited by Flure

So.....if we see something that somebody sticks up here for others to read and think its a load of crap we are meant to ignore it?

Would be a very boring message board.