Scottish Players Summer Transfer Rumours - Page 11 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players Summer Transfer Rumours

ProudScot

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plays some part in 90% of games for a mid-table Championship club. Squad player if he gets a move to a decent Championship club.

Hmmmm.. disagree. you seem to have something against Rhodes as I think most here would say that was unfair

If Rhodes plays in the right team setup I think he could play up to mid EPL level. The trouble is finding a team that suits his play. He certainly seems to have developed more to his play than before but is still mainly a in the box goal scorer. Needs to play with a striker that can set up for him possibly someone like fletcher

Steven Fletcher to Celtic rumour, can't see it myself. Could they afford his wages? Talk of a fee of only £2 million??!!??

Edited by kmcca5

Hope he resists a big money move to be a number 2 somewhere....

Have you seen Mignolet play? He is without doubt the worst keeper in the premiership and the worst liverpool have ever had.

If Brad Jones hadn't got injured when he was brought in to the first team then he would have kept Mignolet out for the rest of the season and Jones isn't up to much.

Marshall would walk straight in to the first team.

Have you seen Mignolet play? He is without doubt the worst keeper in the premiership and the worst liverpool have ever had.

If Brad Jones hadn't got injured when he was brought in to the first team then he would have kept Mignolet out for the rest of the season and Jones isn't up to much.

Marshall would walk straight in to the first team.

Basically all of that is rubbish

Oh Ah The Daily Star, Must be true! http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/446215/Hull-boss-Steve-Bruce-Arsenal-and-Chelsea-target-Andy-Robertson-is-worth-30m

Saying that they sound like the kind of pish Bruce spouts.

Classic selling tactic from team just relegated. Hull value him at ridiculous sum, buyers off about £2m. They then work their way closer to a realistic figure which will be far closer to the buyers value than Steve Bruce's. Far closer.

Classic selling tactic from team just relegated. Hull value him at ridiculous sum, buyers off about £2m. They then work their way closer to a realistic figure which will be far closer to the buyers value than Steve Bruce's. Far closer.

I think if they got an offer of between 10 and 15 Million he would be sold.

Basically all of that is rubbish

No it's not. Speak to Liverpool fans and they will nearly all tell you the same. Mignolet has to go. Jones is not a decent replacement though better than Mignolet.

I think if they got an offer of between 10 and 15 Million he would be sold.

If I was Hull I would snap their hand off for anything north of £10m. Robertson may well turn out to be a very good full back, he has a lot of potential at the moment, but he could be replaced for £5m or less with a player of equal ability.

No it's not. Speak to Liverpool fans and they will nearly all tell you the same. Mignolet has to go. Jones is not a decent replacement though better than Mignolet.

I was always very surprised when Rodgers emptied Reina, a very decent keeper IMO, in favour of Mignolet, a very average BPL keeper. I am sure they could have got someone like Begovic for the price of Mignolet. He's not done much at Liverpool to suggest Rodgers made the right decision.

I was always very surprised when Rodgers emptied Reina, a very decent keeper IMO, in favour of Mignolet, a very average BPL keeper. I am sure they could have got someone like Begovic for the price of Mignolet. He's not done much at Liverpool to suggest Rodgers made the right decision.

He's done nothing. His shot stopping is ok at best, positioning rotten, but it's his reading of the game that he appears to be asleep and never comes out quick enough to clear through balls. I won't even talk about his handling at crosses.a truly woeful keeper.

If I was Hull I would snap their hand off for anything north of £10m. Robertson may well turn out to be a very good full back, he has a lot of potential at the moment, but he could be replaced for £5m or less with a player of equal ability.

You have to remember there is a realistic valuation in a sane man's mind. Then there is the Sky Sports League in England. It's over-inflated madness there for average players. If Shaw is worth what he is then Robertson has to be on a par.

You have to remember there is a realistic valuation in a sane man's mind. Then there is the Sky Sports League in England. It's over-inflated madness there for average players. If Shaw is worth what he is then Robertson has to be on a par.

I would disagree I am afraid.

Shaw had a very good season in a Southampton side which also did very well before his transfer. The fact that he is also English means he comes with a "home grown" premium for European football purposes in his price tag. Shaw also isn't worth what Man Utd paid for him IMO.

Robertson in contrast has had 4 starts this year and has played 48 mins since end of March in a side who were relegated.

Transfer fees are over inflated in England, especially for English players moving to top teams who will play in Europe but there is virtually nothing comparable about Shaws season which got him his transfer and that fee and Robertsons, especially the second half of the season in Robertsons case.

If Hull get £5m they will do well. Arsenal paid £12m for an established French international full back who had a very good previous season in the BPL and £16m for an English kid with 20 first team appearances. That's the homegrown premium in action again. Robertson doesn't fall into that category and therefore won't get stupid bids.

Jordan Archer released by Spurs. Was never gonnae get a chance there so a Championship club next probably.

That's a shame but not unexpected. Hope he goes somewhere and gets a game and isn't just used as back up keeper.

That's a shame but not unexpected. Hope he goes somewhere and gets a game and isn't just used as back up keeper.

Amazed by that news. Think I remember reading on here he would challenge Lloris he was rated that highly.

Some people rated him highly. No real idea why as I have never seen the lad play and I doubt many have.

IMO he will struggle to get as starting place at a Championship side. He was 4th choice at Spurs, Championship sides are not going to gamble on him being good enough to be a starter.

Some people rated him highly. No real idea why as I have never seen the lad play and I doubt many have.

IMO he will struggle to get as starting place at a Championship side. He was 4th choice at Spurs, Championship sides are not going to gamble on him being good enough to be a starter.

looked dodgy at best when i've seen him on tv or on a stream, suprised he lasted there so long, will be be at league 2 next imo

Millwall have expressed interest in signing him.

Looked good when I saw him play for the U21's (no worse than any other keeper at that level.... Derek Soutter kept Craig Gordon out the team after all), bar the England friendly (but who did shine in that game?)

Spurs had gave him a long terms deal no so long ago, and with Fredal retiring you would think he would have been 2/3rd choice keeper next season (rather than go out and sign someone new) with outtings for Spurs in the League Cup.

Was never going to be Spurs first choice keeper any time soon, but it is a area that Scotland does not seem to have many promising young keepers coming through (Jon Hanley at Reading who I heard good things about was also released).