Joey Barton - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Just been listening to Joey Barton as a pundit on BBC radio for the second time in as many months. Refreshing to hear someone just give his opinion as it is without holding back - he might be a psycho but certainly no thicko and wont toe the line. Surprised the BBC has employed him as they normally go for the safe option. Much like Roy Keane - who was another on ITV who just said it as it was.

Edited by irnbruman

I'm not a fan of his. I'm all for people giving their opinions as a pundit but he doesn't half talk rubbish! He thinks he is a far better player than he actually is and was really disrespectful to a number of his fellow pundits and the majority of international footballing countries on last night's show alone.

Disrespectul to John Motson who is a complete sycophantic ar se. I might not agree with all his views but he is entertaining. As I said before much in the Roy Keane mould and I certainly wouldn't agree with Roy Keane all the time - but both of them give their honest opinions rather than try to please the mainly English audience such as Phil Neville, Lawrenson etc.

Disrespectul to John Motson who is a complete sycophantic ar se. I might not agree with all his views but he is entertaining. As I said before much in the Roy Keane mould and I certainly wouldn't agree with Roy Keane all the time - but both of them give their honest opinions rather than try to please the mainly English audience such as Phil Neville, Lawrenson etc.

Can't we expect a bit more than someone who gives an honest opinion but generally talks rubbish? I prefer the type of pundit who can point out tactics etc that a regular fan like myself might not have spotted. Gary Neville does it best at the moment and Pat Nevin is sometimes good for that too. I still don't understand why Lee Dixon got such a hard time on MOTD2.

I'm not interested in the Simon Cowell type of pundit that's emerging where likes of Roy Keane, Robbie Savage and now Joey Barton will say anything just to be a bit controversial. I want actual insight into the game.