Half Way Through - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Half Way Through

Toepoke

Privately I think we can win the group but head ruling my heart I think we will finish 3rd. Every game is a cup final and there is no room for error, thats how tight our group is.

Iv yet to be impressed by Germany, 5 games in and theyre not playing any better than Poland, ROI or us.

We need to win our home games, and if we are serious about qualification then we need to take another 7 points away, not impossible but then again its Scotland.

Im quite happy to go to Dublin as slight underdogs due to the fact that its an away game, im wary of ireland but rest assured they are wary of us.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Privately I think we can win the group

Iv yet to be impressed by Germany, 5 games in and theyre not playing any better than Poland, ROI or us.

I've been saying this for a while. Everyone keeps talking about Poland and Ireland beating and drawing with Germany. We went to Poland and got a good point and beat Ireland at home. Germany would be happy with that so we should be looking to top the group.

Aye, I certainly couldn't see Scotland going into the Gibraltar game needing no points...

Unless of course we are already out. :lol: It's not inconceivable that we only get 3 points out of our next 4 games and we aren't able to catch the rest even with 3 points against Gibraltar. This group is far too tight to predict. I'm sure Strachan is just thinking about the next game and how to get 3 points in Dublin if possible. Settle for a draw if we have to, then move onto the next game.

i think we will finish 4th 1 point behind ireland or by worse head to head and they will qualify as best 3rd placed team

(Ive not done the maths)

this way i wont be dissappointed, life is cruel as a scotland fan.

Edited by LewisEDI

Here's two scenarios.

A new era.

We beat Ireland and Georgia.

Then Poland and Germany draw.

Then we draw with Germany.

Then we beat Poland and Gibralter.

Result: 23 points and 1st place.

Heartbreak

Scotland, Poland, Germany, and Ireland all beat Georgia and Gibralter.

We beat Ireland.

We get beat from Germany and Poland.

Ireland beat Germany and Poland.

Result: 19 points and 4th place.

Edited by davew

Heartbreak

Scotland, Poland, Germany, and Ireland all beat Georgia and Gibralter.

We beat Ireland.

We get beat from Germany and Poland.

Ireland beat Germany and Poland.

Result: 19 points and 4th place.

OMG that would be the worst luck ever!

I predict we will at worst go into the Gibraltar game hoping that other results go our way eg Ireland not winning in Warsaw as mentioned by DaveW...

I predict you will wake up in a cold sweat tonight thinking that you have just watched Scotland winning 0-27 away to Gibraltar but it was all a waste of time because we were already out of the competition anyway. :lol: