Georgia V Ireland. - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Georgia V Ireland.

TA Torr

Absolutely shocking performance,however results that count and now Scotland and Poland are under pressure to repeat our result.

That's the big one. I personally think the results against Georgia will be the deciding factor in this group between us, you and Poland.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No. Terrible aimless play. Completele disconnect between defence, midfield and attack.

A stroke of genius from McGeady got us out of jail. We're fcked if we play like that against anyone else.

I'd settle for the points and playing badly any day, you're off to a good start however you played.

That's the big one. I personally think the results against Georgia will be the deciding factor in this group between us, you and Poland.

Georgias number 15 who scored the goal is a top player,for some reason he was subbed after about 70 minutes, had he of stayed on they may have knicked a win.

Im a happy man lads......average performance. .....great result.

Yeah, I'd be delighted if it was Scotland. Not a great performance, but you played steady without creating chances. It's also a difficult place to win - puts some pressure on us and the Poles to get 3pts there.

Early days I suppose, see how we get on tonight in Dortmund and Gibraltar-Poland as well.

Think ur a bit harsh mate.....not a great performance. ....but we kept the ball better than under trap.

I see O'Neill reverting to negative tactics against inferior teams, making them look like world beaters, that's why I'm being harsh. Not with this game in mind, but Scotland and Poland.

Thought it was a pretty typical Irish away performance against 'lower' opposition. It was edgy and it was unsure but Ireland still somehow managed to get 3 points out of the game. One positive thing I'll say about Ireland is the team has been able to consistently get results against 6th, 5th and 4th ranked teams throughout the last six years or so, something that Scotland, NI and Wales have had trouble with. On the other hand, the team has not beaten a higher ranked opposition side away from home in competition in over a quarter of a century, not unless you count the second leg of the WCQ playoff in 2009, which I don't since that went to extra time.

@redstevie007

The "Oirish" comment is just a real stereotypical comment lad and it is something I find insulting

Equally - I should not have called you a bigot - that was wrong of me and something which I most certainly retract and apologise to you for

Passion was high after our win last night and when I saw that comment ,it hit a nerve

Apologies again Steve

Despite the relative levels of performance from Ireland and Scotland yesterday, the fact is that they've negotiated a nasty banana skin of a game and we came away with nothing; results couldn't have been worse for us yesterday. What we can take is that our 'momentum' is still very much in the right direction - a 4 or 5 goal defeat could have been a serious setback psychologically - and we can go into next month's double-header with confidence.

Six points is attainable and not unrealistic, but any less than four would be a serious setback. Looks like my attempt to stay away from rip-off home games isn't even going to last one match....

@redstevie007

The "Oirish" comment is just a real stereotypical comment lad and it is something I find insulting

Equally - I should not have called you a bigot - that was wrong of me and something which I most certainly retract and apologise to you for

Passion was high after our win last night and when I saw that comment ,it hit a nerve

Apologies again Steve

He was mimicking your accent, that's all. As a Scot living in Dublin i get it from time to time from pals, and i certainly don't find it "insulting". Just good natured banter.

As for stereotypical comments, you need to look no further than FAI boss John Delaney's comments about 'Scots loving money' when discussing the venue for the Glasgow match. :wink2: