Paxman: Cameron V Miliband - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Paxman: Cameron V Miliband

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Paxman's so up himself, you end up warming to Miliband. What was all that 'North London geek' 'people prefer your brother' pish about?

Way harsh that. Didn't see the Cameroon interview, did he call him out as a "silver spooned, millionaire, bullington, out of touch toff who has never worked a day in a real job before he became an MP"?

Na, thought not,

J

Seemed to me Dave got more deference - maybe as PM as much as anything else.

Ed had a chance to show some fight.

So Dave was like a dull no score draw.

Ed a score draw.

Net result zero.

Seemed to me Dave got more deference - maybe as PM as much as anything else.

Ed had a chance to show some fight.

So Dave was like a dull no score draw.

Ed a score draw.

Net result zero.

ed came out a lot worse from this

Just catching up with this. What exactly was the point in Kay Burley being there? There was virtually no follow up on any of the audience questions. Made the whole "town hall" thing pointless.

The Paxman interviews were ok, but as usual it became all about Paxman rather than Cameron and Miliband. Pretty embarrassing for Cameron that he didn't know a lot of the numbers. Surely he should have been better prepared than that.

Again the power of the media to dictate a so called equal debate actually had me feeling outraged for Miliband. Everything from the multiple audience shots of smirking individuals and groups when Miliband was the butt of Paxmans comedy routine to Burley's condescending tone was so stage managed it was cringe worthy.Was it just me or were the audience silent for Dave and Paxman also ?

It was obvious that both Miliband and Cameron knew the questions that the audience were going to put to them.You see the difference in rehearsed public speaking to knowledge about the plus and minus of their own party policies.Both failed massively with Paxman .Make up your own minds as to why Paxman did not pursue "honest Dave " about his blatant VAT lie .He could have taken him and his party to bits in a similar way as the Liberal election fraud over fees.Even when the audience may have been supporting Miliband in his desperate attempts to tackle Paxman you were left unsure as the previous 10 audience shots were laughing at his expense.

As for Burley she must have been passing the studio from her role as a street hoor fae Poldark . :barf:

Sadly a victory for organised media propoganda.Where have we seen that before i wonder.!