Beef Wellington - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Giving this a go at work tomorrow. Looks pretty straightforward but there are a few variations as to what to add to the inside.

Seen that tit Jamie Oliver doing one a few months back and that looks good. Couple of the fairies on the shift won't eat mushrooms though.

Anyway Let's be having your recipes and tips for putting it together. Into the freezer after it's been wrapped is one I've heard.

One of my favourite dishes and Jamie's is the best recipe I've cooked. Best I've tasted was at a wedding at Three Sister's Bake in Quarriers Village. It was amazing.

What do you serve with it? We regularly have roasted veg with garlic cloves with other dishes but fancy something different this time

Edited by Angus_Young

What, the RAC and that?

The AA are the 4th emergency service didn't you know?

I once had some muppet turn up from Scottish Gas Networks to investigate a suspected leak in the street. He told me, without a hint of sarcasm, they were very often known as 'the Gas brigade' :)

Cheers for the pointers. I assume you just rest it the way you would any decent cut of beef?

Emergency services. Lunch is usually taken quite seriously :D

With dining like this, you must be a firey!

I love beef Wellington, my girlfriend makes an excellent example. She uses a herb pancake between the Pancetta and the pastry. Mushroom duxelle next to the beef. She makes a port jus and probably roast tatties and carrots (cumin). I think it's a hybrid of Oliver and Ramsay recipes.

I love beef Wellington, my girlfriend makes an excellent example. She uses a herb pancake between the Pancetta and the pastry. Mushroom duxelle next to the beef. She makes a port jus and probably roast tatties and carrots (cumin). I think it's a hybrid of Oliver and Ramsay recipes.

Drool.

What the man says :ok:

Ha, prob a bit obvious. That sounds tremendous btw.

Where does she get the Italian pancake? Any supermarket?

Baz - feel free to answer that one as well m8. On phone so can't multi quote.

Ha, prob a bit obvious. That sounds tremendous btw.

Where does she get the Italian pancake? Any supermarket?

Baz - feel free to answer that one as well m8. On phone so can't multi quote.

Normal pancake recipe but no sugar. Put in chives, fat leaf parsley and some fresh coriander. Pancetta is from Sainsburys, but any supermarket would do I think.

I used to play football with a couple of fireys, you lads eat like kings!

Normal pancake recipe but no sugar. Put in chives, fat leaf parsley and some fresh coriander. Pancetta is from Sainsburys, but any supermarket would do I think.

I used to play football with a couple of fireys, you lads eat like kings!

Hmm the home made pancakes might be a step too far tbh. I thought you could maybe buy them ready to go.

**********Another Gay Thread Alert ************************************

ffs this place is turning into the women's institute - has Francis Gay of the People's friend become respectable reading?

Cooking, ironing , praising the hard working mothers - jeez geeza break and get back to fitba and politics.