Mccall Takes Rangers Job - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Mccall Takes Rangers Job

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 games without a win, it is extremely stressful mate :banghead:

welcome to the our world where trophies and a win every week is not virtually guaranteed............... You get used to it and it makes you appreciate the good times lot more

welcome to the our world where trophies and a win every week is not virtually guaranteed............... You get used to it and it makes you appreciate the good times lot more

Didn't miss a single game home or away between 1979 and 1985, so more than used to seeing a Rangers side that didn't win, and were often out of sight of the league by the turn of the year. Were some of the best years that I watched football - have to say I also moaned like feck at us being shite, and will continue during the current lean spell :D

It's only fans of other teams that think Rangers fans think they have a god given right to win.

TT

Didn't miss a single game home or away between 1979 and 1985, so more than used to seeing a Rangers side that didn't win, and were often out of sight of the league by the turn of the year. Were some of the best years that I watched football - have to say I also moaned like feck at us being shite, and will continue during the current lean spell :D

It's only fans of other teams that think Rangers fans think they have a god given right to win.

TT

During that period Rangers still won a fair few trophies so I'm not sure what the point you are trying to make is

When you have a wage bill like ours, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a better run of results in the second tier

When you have a wage bill like ours, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a better run of results in the second tier

For years aberdeen could have claimed the same considering the positions we ended up in.

For years aberdeen could have claimed the same considering the positions we ended up in.

Totally agree. As I said yesterday this is the first time in years I can remember there being expectation towards Aberdeen. Previously you seemed to almost expect failure. Bit like Scotland in many respects.

This may seem trivial (like a lot of the guff I post I hear you say), but Stuart McCall giving up the Scotland gig to concentrate on managing a championship side could be put down to potential fixture clashes, so I cam maybe understand that, but this bizarrely tipped me over the edge....

Cup final attire

_73640335_5071520.jpg

Championship match v Livi attire...

rangers-v-livingston-scottish-championsh

This may seem trivial (like a lot of the guff I post I hear you say), but Stuart McCall giving up the Scotland gig to concentrate on managing a championship side could be put down to potential fixture clashes, so I cam maybe understand that, but this bizarrely tipped me over the edge....

Cup final attire

_73640335_5071520.jpg

Championship match v Livi attire...

rangers-v-livingston-scottish-championsh

About the only ing standards we have left these days m8

Next two games are massive. We need to win both if we are going to finish in second place. McCall has a tough task.

Would be a cruel irony if Mccall finished the job he started and relegated motherwell in the play off!

I can't see it however, at the moment I can't see them getting a shot at hibs, never mind the 11th placed side.

At least Stuart McCall has a good record in knockout competitions.....

:lol:

Can't see Rangers getting a shot at the SPL side.

Hibs a stronger side.

Have to agree. In the derby games I've watched they have been a match for Hearts.

Certainly they have the beating of us this term. Their poor start is the only reason we are still in with a shout of second.

Cup final attire_73640335_5071520.jpg

Championship match v Livi attire...rangers-v-livingston-scottish-championsh

That suit is far too big for him. Has he also done up both buttons? I need to see more pictures of this suit to ensure he has not borrowed his Dad's suit.

Can't see Rangers getting a shot at the SPL side.

Hibs a stronger side.

I don't think McCall has really had a chance to properly influence the team so it's a bit early to say that they won't be able to compete with Hibs or indeed any of the other teams in the Championship ... or bottom of the SPL. Tonight might give a little bit of an indication but realistically we probably wont know for a couple of weeks - the international break could actually be hugely beneficial to Rangers in terms of a decent period of time to take stock and reorganise and looking at the table I can't see them slipping out the playoff picture completely, so he does have time to play around with the team and find a formula that works - so for me far too early to rule promotion out.

Players are probably there to compete although I'm struggling to see a central defensive partnership that will work - though dropping McCulloch and McGregor might be a start. If he could find some form from Zaliuskis or even reign in a bit of Moshni's madness (I know that's grasping at straws) or even use Daly, he could maybe find something more solid. Central midfield, maybe Black is the short term answer , and a bit of form from Boyd and you can have a game changer.

Lots of if'd and buts though I do think there are options and potential to find a bit of form when it maters most. So based on all that I'm actually looking forward to the game tonight to see if there is at least a change in mentality from some of the players, and of course to see if the crucial suit or no suit takes a crazy twist!!

TT

Does the championship stop? Or have Rangers requested a postponement?

We've got a home game with Cowdenbeath scheduled for Saturday 28th. I'm not actually aware of any of our squad who have been called up to their national teams so not sure we'd be able to requests a postponement! Previously it was the likes MacLeod, Shiels and Zaliuskas but can't see any of the latter 2 being picked now as they've not kicked a ball in months and MacLeod is obviously away.

Does the championship stop? Or have Rangers requested a postponement?

Right enough, my mistake, we have games all the way through.

TT