Should We Call Up A Completely Differert Squad For The Gib Game? - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Should We Call Up A Completely Differert Squad For The Gib Game?

bonny78

Anyone carrying a slight niggle for the next two games should stay with their club, apart from that we should play a full strength first eleven.

We can afford to make subs at half time but only if we've taken the lead. This match is going to be difficult until we score the first goal.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe a suprise or two, Adam, Bardsley, Watt, and guald. If we took 2 of them who would drop out?

Strachan was talking about dropping a few of the guys who come along regularly, but not in his plans for a starting place (ie Burke and Dorrans were named, and suppose you could argue Whittaker, Bryson, McArthus etc fall into this category also) as he felt it was unfair taking them away from their families for 2 weeks.

2 games? im only interested in one which is the game we get 3 points from... unless something awful happens. you can shove ur friendlies friendly up your @rse.

wots wrong with ukip??

can someone tell me if it's head to head or goal difference that matters?

I might be wrong here but did Gibraltar not hold Poland to a first half stalemate?, seem to recall Poland scoring 7 2nd half goals so no need for complacency on our part. The strongest team available should start, don't think anyone would like it if we were 0-0 at half time. Would be good for moral if we can get a few goals.

Gibraltar are made up of local tribesmen with pitchforks and second jobs in their mums papershop - we can give boys a chance in this game definitely - first game since the Faroes we can properly experiment

the Faroe's experimented on us last time around. They weren't tribesmen but they were fishermen, scooba dives and pirates.

Gibraltar are made up of local tribesmen with pitchforks and second jobs in their mums papershop - we can give boys a chance in this game definitely - first game since the Faroes we can properly experiment

Was reading a review of the Gibraltar league this morning and was not a glowing review..... Pub/Sunday league standards where the games are free, yet only attract crowds of 80-90.

When I look at their team the only name I recognise is Liam Walker (because he played for Portsmouth v AFC Wimbledon few years back at a game I attended).

Saying that, not expecting us to break any records, and still have a horrible feeling it will be a tough game for us making heavy work of a 3/4-0 score line.

Was reading a review of the Gibraltar league this morning and was not a glowing review..... Pub/Sunday league standards where the games are free, yet only attract crowds of 80-90.

When I look at their team the only name I recognise is Liam Walker (because he played for Portsmouth v AFC Wimbledon few years back at a game I attended).

Saying that, not expecting us to break any records, and still have a horrible feeling it will be a tough game for us making heavy work of a 3/4-0 score line.

I think if we pick young hungry players with a point to prove like Tony Watt and clinical poachers like Jordan Rhodes we will tack up 6 or 7

I think if we pick young hungry players with a point to prove like Tony Watt and clinical poachers like Jordan Rhodes we will tack up 6 or 7

......and upset the balance of a team that has been going great guns? This is exactly why Strachan will continue with a team that has brought us results. Why tinker with something that you could balls right up?

......and upset the balance of a team that has been going great guns? This is exactly why Strachan will continue with a team that has brought us results. Why tinker with something that you could balls right up?

Exactly.

Start with your strongest team, bar maybe one of two changes.

i think we can all agree that we are going to win easily. Even San Marino would be a harder game than this!

Should we bring a pile of players in (attack minded) for this game? I'd be up for playing some youngsters that are up for attacking or passing etc... Hearts for e.g. have a bunch of young lad that could enjoy the experience - sam nicholson, jamie walker etc..

No point in bringing our goal keeper.. I could do the goalie shift myself while holding a set of bagpipes.

Goal difference doesn't seem to matter as it's head to head that is important these days right?

Bonny, your a scholar and a visionary :ok:.

Your absolutely right that we should send out an experimental team !

I for one hope Gordon Strachan will select the following players who have just missed out on being selected for recent squads:

Brown

Young

Woodburn

Evans

Jardine

Morton

Bremner

Baxter

Johnstone

Gallacher

Reilly