Ukip: The 1St 100 Days - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ukip: The 1St 100 Days

Anyone watch this tonight?

Total hatchet job by ch4, but good to see the BBCs pet project, UKIP, shown up for what they are.

Though something sits a 'bit' uncomfortably with me the way ch4 have put this together - reminds me of the way the MSM acted in the Indyref against the Yes campaign

That said, hope plenty folk are persuaded enough to bury UKIP

Anyone watch this tonight?

Total hatchet job by ch4, but good to see the BBCs pet project, UKIP, shown up for what they are.

Though something sits a 'bit' uncomfortably with me the way ch4 have put this together - reminds me of the way the MSM acted in the Indyref against the Yes campaign

That said, hope plenty folk are persuaded enough to bury UKIP

I thought it was utter shite!

Bordering on the ridiculous in places. I turned it off after 20 mins.

It annoys me that folk seek to believe that ukip are some sort of political force all of a sudden.

I don't think they will win more that a handful of seats at the GE.

Seems there's another documentary - this time on BBC 2 tonight - Meet the Ukippers

An unprecedented insight into the heartland of UKIP that follows the party faithful as they ride high in the polls and try - but fail - to avoid the gaffes the media are looking for. Thanet on the Kent coast is where Nigel Farage has chosen to stand for parliament, but this timely film is about the local party activists who stand firmly behind him rather than the media-savvy leader himself. Filmed over six months, these true believers explain the UKIP phenomena, but there are also jaw-dropping views on race the national party would definitely prefer weren't aired.