Brian Mcclair Considered For Wotte Replacement - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Brian Mcclair Considered For Wotte Replacement

wanderer

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's aged. Looks 61 not 51.

Suprised to read he started his playing career at aston villa.

I thought he cam through the youth ranks at fir park.

Highly respected member of the football community, would he not see being in charge of man uted's youth academy to sfa performance director a step side ways if not down ?

Is McClair likely to have a similar mindset to Wotte? Or would youth development revert back to type?

I understan wotte made alot of positive changes to the youth system.

I see his successors job remit would be to further develop and maintain those positive changes.

Strachan , fergie and walter smith were also to be consulted over the selection process and their ideas on the job description, way forward.

I may be wrong here but think that a think tank is involved in decision makings such as these. These think tanks tends to involve experienced and respected figures within the game. I'd say Walter Smith fits into that category wouldn't you?

Think tank?

A more y phrase has not been found.

No.

I may be wrong here but think that a think tank is involved in decision makings such as these. These think tanks tends to involve experienced and respected figures within the game. I'd say Walter Smith fits into that category wouldn't you?

Was it not Walter that recommended McCoist for the Rangers job?

Your point? Friggin' Jose Mourinho or Sir Alex wouldn't have been able to do a job at Rangers never mind Ally. Their problems are deeply-rooted at boardroom level and it is sending tremors throughout the club. If people cannot see that then I pity them.

McCoist's failings as a manager and coach are blindingly obvious.

Although Walter let Scotland down by moving back to his beloved Rangers, he still knows his football.

That decision still hurts to this day and surely he must look back at it now and ask himself was it the right decision?

Walter said in his auto-biography that it was the only club in the world that would have made him walk away from scotland as he was content and successful in that role. He had an emotional tie with ibrox. Although I still don't agree with the decision I can understand why he returned.

He did offer to finish the qualifying campaign by doing both jobs but the SFA refused. Would we have qualified under Smith? Who knows?

Back in the Garden Ally

Ah right so I have a differing opinion and I become Ally McCoist. I tell you what you find me a club riddled with boardroom chaos and anarchy that can remain successful on the pitch - you will still be looking around for such an instance come next Xmas. And I am neither a Rangers or a McCoist fan - just a realist.

Ah right so I have a differing opinion and I become Ally McCoist. I tell you what you find me a club riddled with boardroom chaos and anarchy that can remain successful on the pitch - you will still be looking around for such an instance come next Xmas. And I am neither a Rangers or a McCoist fan - just a realist.

Did the board force McCoist to sign Miller, Boyd, Black, Daly, Simonsen...?

Is it board's fault that players like Wallace and Law appear to have regressed as footballers since joining Rangers?

Did the board force McCoist to sign Miller, Boyd, Black, Daly, Simonsen...?

Is it board's fault that players like Wallace and Law appear to have regressed as footballers since joining Rangers?

You don't get it to you? Rangers were/are potless. The days were long since gone when they could shop at football's equivalent of Harrods or Jenners. They were shopping at bargain basement and getting Scotland strikers in certainly is way better than Gers supporters should or could surely have expected. If they haven't produced the goods is that really such a surprise given non-existent morale at the club given boardroom anarchy that has rumbled on for years. Proof that fanny adams has changed since McCoist left proves my point. At the moment football on the pitch is secondary at the moment at Rangers as everything in the news is about boardroom chaos which ensures unsettled atmosphere which in turn unsettles players/manager/coaching staff/fans well everything really and that does NOT help players produce their best form.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

You don't get it to you? Rangers were/are potless. The days were long since gone when they could shop at football's equivalent of Harrods or Jenners. They were shopping at bargain basement and getting Scotland strikers in certainly is way better than Gers supporters should or could surely have expected. If they haven't produced the goods is that really such a surprise given non-existent morale at the club given boardroom anarchy that has rumbled on for years. Proof that fanny adams has changed since McCoist left proves my point. At the moment football on the pitch is secondary at the moment at Rangers as everything in the news is about boardroom chaos which ensures unsettled atmosphere which in turn unsettles players/manager/coaching staff/fans well everything really and that does NOT help players produce their best form.

Potless?

Fat Sally had the 2nd highest wage bill in Scotland.

Hardly potless.

Potless?

Fat Sally had the 2nd highest wage bill in Scotland.

Hardly potless.

Talking buying terms here though. They went from shopping around Europe and cherry pick the best young talent at other Scottish clubs but those days disappeared with team going into admin and what player, in any case, with half a brain would willingly sign for a club in such turmoil? Hence they got ex-players in with proven records whose incentive to return to the club was sentimentality and hope of helping to rebuild the club.