Blackpool Forum Being Sued £150K By Club Owners - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Blackpool Forum Being Sued £150K By Club Owners

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-31299325

A Blackpool forum - Back Henry Street - is being sued £150,000 by Blackpool's owners for 'libel'.

I'm told by members of the forum that they only made comments about wanting the owner to leave the club and about how badly the club was being run. What ever happened to freedom of speech?

They have an e-petition here: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/statement-of-fact-to-the-court

Madness...

I think the guy made a number of potentially defamatory comments in his posts about Oyston & his somewhat chequered family history. Relationships between Blackpool fans & the Oyston's have been toxic for a while & their fans have been doing the rounds of other English Championship message boards trying to get petitions signed for some time now.

Bit of an object lesson really to be careful what you say on an internet forum.

I think the guy made a number of potentially defamatory comments in his posts about Oyston & his somewhat chequered family history. Relationships between Blackpool fans & the Oyston's have been toxic for a while & their fans have been doing the rounds of other English Championship message boards trying to get petitions signed for some time now.

Bit of an object lesson really to be careful what you say on an internet forum.

TBH, I'm not sure anything that has been posted isn't true. There are a number of cases going to court over the next few weeks. I'd love to have been called up for jury service for one of those cases.

The Oystons are some family and Blackpool are going to keep dropping the divisions until there is no money left and they eventually pull out.

Haggie Curran and Frankenstein would just love some of the stuff written about our favourite traitors on here. :-))

I just see it as one less relegation place to have to worry about!

You guys should be alright. You've got a couple of good wins in recent weeks have you not ?

Charlton, Millwall, Rotherham, Wigan, Blackpool and Brighton are all in much more trouble than the Terriers.

Big Chris Powell seems like a lovely down to earth sort of guy too. :ok:

Haggie Curran and Frankenstein would just love some of the stuff written about our favourite traitors on here. :-))

You guys should be alright. You've got a couple of good wins in recent weeks have you not ?

Charlton, Millwall, Rotherham, Wigan, Blackpool and Brighton are all in much more trouble than the Terriers.

Big Chris Powell seems like a lovely down to earth sort of guy too. :ok:

Powell is a genuine good guy I think, but there's a golden rule of supporting Town that they will always find a way to make things difficult. Millwall couldn't beat us with 10 men at the Den last week so I'd say they look in big trouble & logic says Blackpool are gone barring a miracle (although their last match of the season is at home to us so 3 points safe there).

Blackpool are the most mental club in the UK.

It's brilliant :ok:

Indeed. The even make a certain club based in the south side of Glasgow appear well run. Well, I suppose Blackpool are well run, if your surname happens to be Oyston.

If they carry on at this rate, I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the Conference by the end of the decade.