The Rangers V Hibs - 900 Tickets For Away Fans - Page 9 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Rangers V Hibs - 900 Tickets For Away Fans

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True, do they sell to away fans?

I'd presume some fixtures are "dry" or at least for away fans.

I think because they've always had it, it's not got the novelty factor it would have up here.

They do mate aye. Don't think there are dry games either. Certainly Newcastle Sunderland you can get a pint. Thats one of the more volatile games down there.

As I understand it in England, you can get bevvy but can't bring it to your seat.

Maybe it's just me, but the thought of queueing 30 mins for a pint of warm lager in a plastic cup just doesn't appeal.

They've got it right at Fleetwood though. Jim's Bar is a superb facility - it's underneath the home terracing and impressively kitted out - I was served within seconds at half-time (pint of Guinness in a proper Guinness glass). Accrington have a decent wee social club that you can get a pint in at half-time.

Personally I'm not bothered about whether I can get booze at games at Scotland - however, as SBMFC pointed out football fans are treated differently just because they're football fans - you can get at drink at the rugby or horse racing.

Edited by Charlie Endell

As I understand it in England, you can get bevvy but can't bring it to your seat.

Maybe it's just me, but the thought of queueing 30 mins for a pint of warm lager in a plastic cup just doesn't appeal.

Have to say I always found IT pretty easy to get a pint. Half time it's a bit busier but generally you have a beer in hand within 5 minutes. I liked it before the game. Get into the stadium early and watch a bit of the early kick off match, sort out coupon etc with a couple of beers. Novelty factor no question but does add to the experience IMO.

Amstel, carling or Heineken were the lager choices iirc

That's right, there are certain areas you can drink, but nowhere with a view of the pitch (I think that's still the case).

In my experience, it doesn't cause much bother down here - and to be honest, when I go to games I rarely bother at the ground. Before the game there's a bit of a queue, it's usually quite expensive, and I'm not a fan of drinking out of plastic cups.

I go for a couple before and after.

I'm probably wrong, but it's my opinion there's a bit of a different attitude to drink down here, I just think it would cause more hassle than it's worth up North. Too many numpties. It would bring in a bit of cash for the clubs though I suppose

So in the 'olden days' pre 1980 you could take as many cans into the game as you wanted?

Say the game was a 3pm ko, you could rock up at 2pm with 8 cans and sit on the terrace for an hour and get gassed before the game started. Was that the typical scenario?

any older TAMBers confirm?

My old man was more civilised and took a half bottle of whisky in with him. Although not if I was with him, plus he almost always took me to the main stands to avoid flying cans and bottles. Although weans could get their own club hard hats to protect them from airborne debris...

Back to the game, plenty stories from Hibs fans of more objects being thrown at them, Rangers fans attacking them after our first goal. Apparently only 6 seats width split the two fans, Glasgows finest boys in blue turning their blind eyes to spitting etc. Lack of steward numbers early on sounds horrendous.

Back to the game, plenty stories from Hibs fans of more objects being thrown at them, Rangers fans attacking them after our first goal. Apparently only 6 seats width split the two fans, Glasgows finest boys in blue turning their blind eyes to spitting etc. Lack of steward numbers early on sounds horrendous.

oh and our u20 development team humped them 1 v 4 tonight. :ok:

Edited by giblet

Can't be bothered starting a new thread - but this is a decent article (I know I'm biased), on Celtic turning down Aberdeens request for more tickets at Parkhead:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/opinion/sport/record-fc-aberdeen-celtic-guilty-5178735

It seems daft having empty seats when Aberdeen could have sold more but Celtic have that right as the home team, like Aberdeen did, so his article smacks of hypocrisy.

It seems daft having empty seats when Aberdeen could have sold more but Celtic have that right as the home team, like Aberdeen did, so his article smacks of hypocrisy.

No. What the article is saying is that Aberdeen had previously regularly given Celtic 20% of Pittodrie compared to Celtic regulary giving Aberdeen just 3% of Celtic Park.

The article also says that Celtic shouldn't take the huff just because the Aberdeen home support demand is now higher than in previous seasons (because they are their number one customers after all.)

The article concludes that by playing an unnecessary game of tit for tat that Celtic not only shoots itself in the foot financially, but that their actions could have even worse ramifications should Aberdeen decide to give their support the same 3% that Celtic give Aberdeen to a potential season ending League decider at Pittodrie.

Aberdeen have made a move out of necessity, and Celtic have responded with spite.

The solution is take the Aberdeen support's money now (as it's no skin off Celtic's nose and they benefit financially) and not unnecessarily rock the boat now or later.

It really doesn't.

Celtic couldn't get 3,800 seats in the South Stand as there aren't 3,800 spare seats in the South Stand anymore.

As somebody who tends to avoid Celtic games at Pittodrie as I (usually) get kicked out my seat and has a ticket for the game at Parkhead.... i'm looking forward to putting Celtic back in their place next month.

Aberdeen would have had to sell a certain amount of tickets for segregation not to be an issue and it seems Celtic didn't want to move their own season ticket holders just to fit in another dozen or so Dons fans.

You might not like it but they haven't broke any rules. If they only give Celtic 600 tickets for the next one at Pittodrie then so be it, but I'd imagine the Celtic support will have no problem picking up home tickets at that stage of the season.

You might not like it but they haven't broke any rules. If they only give Celtic 600 tickets for the next one at Pittodrie then so be it, but I'd imagine the Celtic support will have no problem picking up home tickets at that stage of the season.

I'm not bothered by it. Anything that shows Celtic to be so petty and small minded amuses me.

I remember last time a Glaswegian club tried that at Pittodrie though, was a great day all round.

Aberdeen would have had to sell a certain amount of tickets for segregation not to be an issue and it seems Celtic didn't want to move their own season ticket holders just to fit in another dozen or so Dons fans.

Tamb post of the year, Pedro. I'll give you that. Dinna be stupid min.

So in the 'olden days' pre 1980 you could take as many cans into the game as you wanted?

Say the game was a 3pm ko, you could rock up at 2pm with 8 cans and sit on the terrace for an hour and get gassed before the game started. Was that the typical scenario?

any older TAMBers confirm?

Yes but there was nearly always a half bottle involved too.