Stirling Uni Fc - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously,have a feckin word with yourself mate.

The next time I see a black person "White up" will be the first time

have a word with myself for asking a question

above was mentioned the the minstrels and their derogatory portrayal which was clearly offensive and racist

however the context of the article was for an african nations cup themed football teams night out

you are saying this is also racist, does that make sense?

The difference being of course that these boys from Stirling Uni didn't 'black up' to depict all black people as stupid, lazy and violent.

A bit of a leap from a theme night to Birth of a Nation and the Klan is it not?

'Blacking up' has such an unpleasant history (Birth of a Nation being a particularly nasty example) that it shouldn't cross the mind of anyone with a shred of sense or decency. Edited by Charlie Endell

I tell you this board is racist and bigoted and its mostly white middle class protestants that use it.I suppose its a "Tartan Army" board so it shouldn't surprise me.

Scotland-supporting white middle class protestant (probably male) soldiers choking on their cornflakes this morning...

It's PC gone mad. There was no malice in what they did, it wasn't done to offend, it was clearly a bit of fun.

It doesn't make them or anyone who thinks it's acceptable racist.

Is racist to wear a see you jimmy wig? It's ridiculous.

It's PC gone mad. There was no malice in what they did, it wasn't done to offend, it was clearly a bit of fun.

If it's Russ Abbott that's wearing it then yes, it's a bit racist.

Aye mate you're probably right when you put it like that.

That's actually a good point about the Jimmy wigs

Thing is, 'Scottish' isn't a race - it's cultural rather than genetic.

'Blacking up' has such an unpleasant history (Birth of a Nation being a particularly nasty example) that it shouldn't cross the mind of anyone with a shred of sense or decency.

:ok:

'Blacking up' has such an unpleasant history (Birth of a Nation being a particularly nasty example) that it shouldn't cross the mind of anyone with a shred of sense or decency.

I seriously can't get my head round why anyone would think it would be cool to black up.

It was questionable in a 70s sitcoms but in the year 2015 it's completely wrong.

I seriously can't get my head round why anyone would think it would be cool to black up.

It was questionable in a 70s sitcoms but in the year 2015 it's completely wrong.

Maybe someone who thinks it is could explain?

:ok:

Fancy dress is rather naff too. So are matching stag do polo shirt or hen do black and pink tshirts with witty nicknames on the back - so original.

I suppose the acid test is: would you as a black person feel comfortable in a pub/restaurant and a bunch of blacked-up white guys come in?

As a black person would you feel comfortable settling or growing up in a society where this was seen as normal?

Would you rather they didn't do it?

Would you be reassured if the university or football club said it was unacceptable or would you be dismayed it made the news?

I suppose the acid test is: would you as a black person feel comfortable in a pub/restaurant and a bunch of blacked-up white guys come in?

As a black person would you feel comfortable settling or growing up in a society where this was seen as normal?

Would you rather they didn't do it?

Would you be reassured if the university or football club said it was unacceptable or would you be dismayed it made the news?

Only a black person can answer that. Are there any who post on here, or has the board's inherent racism driven all of them away?