One Happy Family Of Nations? - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

One Happy Family Of Nations?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember working in Culloden battlefield and gave some English tourist change that had a Scottish fiver. She turned to her husband and said 'look he gave us some of that funny money' then asked me to swap it for 'proper money'. Even though we had lots of English notes in the till she was told no and to take it or leave it.

From that moment I would flick past English notes in the till to purposely give English tourists Scottish notes in their change. Lots would ask me to change it for English money only to be told we didn't have any.

I always draw out a load of scottish notes before going south, then go in my local down here and have great fun buying a round and getting all the usual comments.

I once told a guy in the pub that you get a penny in the pound more for Scottish money than you do English and he believed me, was good to see him arguing for more change from the landlord.

I do the same, I love getting into a row, especially after I've had about four massive gulps from a pint.

But TBH any agro is few and far between, I generally end up spending Scottish notes at work these days, and as many people on site head up North regularly the girls at the canteen are not that bothered.

As a kid I remember my Nana giving me and my brother a pound each to buy sweets at the shops. I had a pound coin, my brother a pound note. So we went down to the shops and bought about 80p's worth of pick n mix. I paid with my coin and got 20p change, my brother paid and got £4.20 change. He looked confused but I grabbed him and bussled him out before the guy in the newsagent figured out his mistake.

J

I remember working in Culloden battlefield and gave some English tourist change that had a Scottish fiver. She turned to her husband and said 'look he gave us some of that funny money' then asked me to swap it for 'proper money'. Even though we had lots of English notes in the till she was told no and to take it or leave it.

From that moment I would flick past English notes in the till to purposely give English tourists Scottish notes in their change. Lots would ask me to change it for English money only to be told we didn't have any.

I'm not sure I believe that story.....

Why would someone be so rude?

lol.....

I love how everyone thinks it their oil.....

Who do you think the oil that lies in Scottish water belongs to then? :blink: (without even going into the massive theft of Scottish waters when Labour gave away Scottish property to England before Devolution was settled)

I witnessed many yanks asking for dollars as change in Thailand and Malaysia, sometimes travellers are twats.

Asking for dollars is different to saying.....

He gave me some funny money..... then asking for proper money.....

It just sounds unlikely..... especially where this conversation took place.

Who do you think the oil that lies in Scottish water belongs to then? :blink: (without even going into the massive theft of Scottish waters when Labour gave away Scottish property to England before Devolution was settled)

Its irrelevant. .... the oil that is..... in this conversation anyway

Its doesn't belong to Shed TA anyway...... who my original post was directed.

I'm not sure I believe that story.....

Why would someone be so rude?

Believe what you want. It's true and I'm sure it's not the first time it's happened.

You believe we're all better British together and ask an deity to save someone born into great wealth so what you do believe and don't is highly questionable.

Big chip on Shoulder maybe?

So so are saying I am lying as I have a chip on my shoulder regarding English people? :blink:

Heaven sake...I'll be glad when this friendly is over and you go back to posting on you're own board as your becoming a total bore.

Edited by iainmac1

So so are saying I am lying as I have a chip on my shoulder regarding English people? :blink:

Heaven sake...I'll be glad when this friendly is over and you go back to posting on you're own board as your becoming a total bore.

I like you Iain.... one of my favourite members....

I also like this forum, good range of viws on here.

Its irrelevant. .... the oil that is..... in this conversation anyway

Its doesn't belong to Shed TA anyway...... who my original post was directed.

Hardly irrelevant as it was being discussed. You said "everybody", funny how "everybody" thinks its their oil is what you said. Well Im a Scottish citizen so, aye, some of that oil does belang to me.And the entirity of it in scottish waters belongs to the Scottish people, the revenues from it should be being used in Scotland to benefit the Scottish people, not syphoned off to Wastemonster to benefit a corrupt political system and the South east of England.

Hardly irrelevant as it was being discussed. You said "everybody", funny how "everybody" thinks its their oil is what you said. Well Im a Scottish citizen so, aye, some of that oil does belang to me.And the entirity of it in scottish waters belongs to the Scottish people, the revenues from it should be being used in Scotland to benefit the Scottish people, not syphoned off to Wastemonster to benefit a corrupt political system and the South east of England.

Like I said..... its irrelevant to my original post.....

Someone thought the oil in the North Sea had something to do with someone walking away without paying for icecream.