Saint George.. - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Yes, Newburgh in Fife. Which is to say he is from Fife. Went to Bell-Baxter in Cupar, where he played in various school teams with my nephew. May is a Fifer. He did have the dubious privilege of being born in Perth mind.

Yes, Newburgh in Fife. Which is to say he is from Fife. Went to Bell-Baxter in Cupar, where he played in various school teams with my nephew. May is a Fifer. He did have the dubious privilege of being born in Perth mind.

Tell me something I don't know? I worked next door to his house in Newburgh one month before I moved to America in 2013. The guy I used to work with stays in Newburgh and went to Bell Baxter. Although he's even older than I am. He's 45.

Tell me something I don't know? I worked next door to his house in Newburgh one month before I moved to America in 2013. The guy I used to work with stays in Newburgh and went to Bell Baxter. Although he's even older than I am. He's 45.

I went to Bell Baxter and Lads from Newburgh most definitely see themselves as Fifers. Presumably he was only born in Perth coz it is nearest maternity hospital just like people from Newport are now born in Ninewells Dundee and lads like Gauld born in Aberdeen?

I went to Bell Baxter and Lads from Newburgh most definitely see themselves as Fifers. Presumably he was only born in Perth coz it is nearest maternity hospital just like people from Newport are now born in Ninewells Dundee and lads like Gauld born in Aberdeen?

I'll definitely agree with that. I know a lot of lads in Newburgh and each and every one of them claims to be a proud Fifer. You can even hear the slight change in the accent. Although if you go ten minutes South to Muchty it's a whole different accent! Strange given it's just ten minutes.

I'll definitely agree with that. I know a lot of lads in Newburgh and each and every one of them claims to be a proud Fifer. You can even hear the slight change in the accent. Although if you go ten minutes South to Muchty it's a whole different accent! Strange given it's just ten minutes.

Drive 5 mins outa barrhead and the accent changes, posh mearns and giffnock c*nts

Bell Baxter is one of Scotland's biggest schools and when I was there it had kids from 11 miles radius from Newport and Tayport in North to Muchty/Strathk/ladybank/Kettle in South and various places east and west. The amount of different accents was incredible but all unmistakably Fae Fife Edited by GHfaeGTA

Great to see that St Johnstone have signed George Hunter from Spartans .. the 18 yo has a no bad strike rate 33 goals in 13 games... Lets hope he can move forward with better training and being full time can see him blossom.

Are those goals not for the Spartans U20 team? Long way to go yet.....hopefully he can step up!