Pay What You Can...£? - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Pay What You Can...£?

Great that it is '1p' but there will be plenty folk put off by the weather.

Berwick Rangers did one last year between xmas and new year. The weather was rottenly cold and I know of loads of guys who passed up on it due to the cold.

Summer Football all the way please.

158 away fans. Commendable for a team not going great and a freezing trip north.

Aye, every one of them deserves credit for making the journey up in this weather for a midweek game. As Jim Spence said, it shouldn't be about the size of a support it should be about the quality and dedication of them.

Aye, every one of them deserves credit for making the journey up in this weather for a midweek game. As Jim Spence said, it shouldn't be about the size of a support it should be about the quality and dedication of them.

Not if you are a fan of the mighty Aberdeen. It's all about crowd size to them.

Lol I expected around the tenner mark or maybe less from away fans as money isn't going to their club. £30 though! He must think Scottish football is a bargain normally.

You have to understand though that there was a good harvest this year in Perth. A lot of Perthites are a little flush just now.

Another decent 3 points for ICT last night. I have to admit Hughes is doing a tremendous job keeping them right up there in amongst the leaders at this stage in the season. I was certain when he got the job over Hartley that it would have been a disaster for them and it would be a relegation battle this season.

Top six is pretty much sewn up already so a European spot has to be the realistic target now.

On the subject of 'Pay What You Can', Clyde are also running this initiative on Saturday at Broadwood for the visit of Arbroath. Football might not be the best of quality but if your suffering from the January blues get yourself along & you will realise your life isn't all that bad considering some of us go every 2nd Saturday! It will make you feel good about yourself if nothing else!

£1 minimum donation :ok:

Excellent gesture by Inverness and Hamilton Accies who are only charging 10p to get in this weekend as well. Pay what you can be great if used alot more, be more bums on seats creating better atmosphere and encouraging people to go back to games. As a Motherwell fan i have to praise the way accies are run, much better run than Motherwell they are encouraging fans to come back with great incentive deals, the plastic pitch getting used all time to train on and all there levels use it as well so keeping costs down and great youth system and rather give youth chance rather and give some foreign dud or journeyman a contract. The money they have made from McCarthy and McCarthur deals with sales and sell on fees is great and think its way ahead play young players get them on good contract then if other clubs come sniffing get good fee for them.

ps well done Clyde as well just seen above they are doing it as well, would defo encourage me to go to a game as i refuse to pay £20 plus quid to watch Motherwell anymore! not worth it!