Atp World Tour 2015 - Page 5 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Atp World Tour 2015

min

It was a good match and the third game in the deciding set was epic (was it 5 break points Murray saved, yet still lost the game?).

At least we know that Murray is back close to where he was in 2012/13 when he was defeating Djokovic in slam finals... the scary thing is that Djokovic has improved since then and, injury aside, could remain number one for years to come.

Anyway, the clay court season starts today and Murray (who's never won a tournament on that surface) has opted to play at the 250 in Munich at the end of the month as opposed to more prestigious 500 events or even the optional Monte Carlo masters. I think this could be a good move and a first clay title is possible.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

min I would say Djokovic is top dog at the moment because of his supreme consistency and ability to win the big points. A much more tenacious performance from Andy but would still like to see him use more variety V Djokovic. I agree in that I think it is a good move he's entering Munich250. It gives him more time off and also better chance at winning his first title on clay.

• 2 weeks later...

Nadal v Djokovic in the Monte Carlo semi just now. Will be interesting to see how Nadal's return from injury is progressing - particularly as it's on clay against an invincible looking Djokovic.

I don't see it as any big surprise that Novak won in straight sets. Rafa is going through a rough time as he is suffering lack of confidence and that rock steady self-belief is just not there. It may very well come back as the clay season goes on and barring Novak he is still more than a match for any other player on clay at the moment.

Definitely no surprise that Nadal lost to Djokovic, but a bit of surprise that he lost in the Barcelona 500 QF today. He's miles away from the form required to win Roland Garros - an interesting month ahead in the lead up, I think. Djokovic must be odds on to complete the career Grand Slam in Paris... I wouldn't even bet against him doing the Grand Slam proper this year.

Definitely no surprise that Nadal lost to Djokovic, but a bit of surprise that he lost in the Barcelona 500 QF today. He's miles away from the form required to win Roland Garros - an interesting month ahead in the lead up, I think. Djokovic must be odds on to complete the career Grand Slam in Paris... I wouldn't even bet against him doing the Grand Slam proper this year.

He (Djokovic) does look pretty unstoppable at the moment. In fact, I'm away to Oddschecker to see what price I can get on him winning all 4 this year. I'll be back in a minute.

He (Djokovic) does look pretty unstoppable at the moment. In fact, I'm away to Oddschecker to see what price I can get on him winning all 4 this year. I'll be back in a minute.

7/1. That's pretty tempting given that he's already got one in the bag.

Busy day for Murray the morn - after no play in Munich today due to rain - with possibly three matches. Regretting playing doubles this week?

Aye, think the coaching change could be of benefit.

The doubles decision even seemed strange before the weather came into play. With back-to-back Masters in Madrid and Rome to come, three consecutive weeks playing singles on the dirt would surely have been enough.

Aye, think the coaching change could be of benefit.

The doubles decision even seemed strange before the weather came into play. With back-to-back Masters in Madrid and Rome to come, three consecutive weeks playing singles on the dirt would surely have been enough.

Perhaps felt the needed for extra clay experience though since he missed Monte Carlo which he has never missed before (when fit).

Job done in the two singles matches today, which is all that mattered - the doubles proved a match too far.

A good test to see if Andy can recover from seven sets of tournament tennis today to win his first clay court title tomorrow.

Yes!!! Nothing between the players, but Murray's first title on clay!

Now onto Madrid...

Yes a big boost and for me vindicates him going to Munich instead of the other slightly larger tournaments going on at the same time. At least now he can say he has won titles on all surfaces.

That was exactly the sort of 'easy' victory that Murray needed after playing until 3.00am this morning in the previous round + the Monday finish in Munich. He has an evening match scheduled tomorrow, so should get and good nights kip!

Murray through to the semis where he starts against Kei Nishikori shortly. It will be a tough match as Nishikori is certainly in the top five clay courts in the world at the moment.

Agree with that. Njshikori must be slight favourite on this surface. A huge test for Andy.