English Premier Officials - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

English Premier Officials

Some shocking officiating in todays EPL.

The English Media are always loathe to criticise their officials and always like to trumpet them as the world's best. What a load of pish. Considering the head off refs is Mike Riley who is the worst Ive ever seen, Look at some of today decisions that were woeful..

Rob Green - handling outside the box - not spotted by linesman who was about 20 yards away.

Both Liverpool penalties - especially the first - shocker.

Smalling handball against Stoke ignored by ref - about three yards away.

Just a few examples but most of the fixtures shown on MOTD were riddles with poor officiating.

They were all terrible, They did get the vertonghen decision correct though, despite what mourinho says.

Was coming on to say the same. Some criticism should go to Mourinho (and Jonathan Pearce) for clearly not understanding the handball rules...

I think Jose's arrogance and myopia could well cost his side the league.

He used to be good value but now is a cock who only ever complains about what are his perceived injustices.

If managers are going to make a habit of complaining about decisions I'd have some sympathy if they included the ones which go for them too.

Thought Gary Teale's interview yesterday was quite good when he complained about all 3 penalties.

He used to be good value but now is a cock who only ever complains about what are his perceived injustices.

If managers are going to make a habit of complaining about decisions I'd have some sympathy if they included the ones which go for them too.

Thought Gary Teale's interview yesterday was quite good when he complained about all 3 penalties.

That approach never did Sir Alex's sides any harm mate.

That approach never did Sir Alex's sides any harm mate.

Fergie didn't spend every game harassing the fourth official over throws and showing imaginary cards every 5 minutes.

Jose is worse than Arsene 'I didn't see it' Wenger.

Always thought Fergie was a bit more subtle usually though obviously was fined for some comments.

Just seen some footage of Hazard (I think) appearing to kick a Spurs player - be interesting to see if it is taken further.

Was coming on to say the same. Some criticism should go to Mourinho (and Jonathan Pearce) for clearly not understanding the handball rules...

Aye, they seem to not understand the meaning of the word accidental. I'll bet he didn't think cahills ones against liverpool were deliberate. Fud (jose, no you) :lol:

He used to be good value but now is a cock

Aye, i quite liked him as well. He was good for a laugh with some post match conferences, but now he's just a sour faced twat.

Fergie didn't spend every game harassing the fourth official over throws and showing imaginary cards every 5 minutes.

Always thought Fergie was a bit more subtle usually though obviously was fined for some comments.

Just seen some footage of Hazard (I think) appearing to kick a Spurs player - be interesting to see if it is taken further.

Cahill was it not and he also stamped. Not that Jose saw this mind.

He is a .

I'm not debating that he is a fud mate, he is. I was replying to the comment that it might cost them the league. It won't have anything to do with it and might actually see them bond together more, however misguided the reasoning is.

I'm not debating that he is a fud mate, he is. I was replying to the comment that it might cost them the league. It won't have anything to do with it and might actually see them bond together more, however misguided the reasoning is.

I think he is giving his players excuses for not winning by always blaming officials.

Bit like those managers who seem to be surprised that there is a lot of football played at this time of year then cite tiredness as a problem - if you tell players they'll be tired many of them will play like it.

To AA

Fair point although I'm not sure it will have that sort of negative effect on them, quite the opposite in fact. If you mind back to his first term at Chelsea they played the 'no one likes us card' very well and turned into a team that most others disliked. It stemmed from Mourinho and then fed into the players. Remember the midweek game at Ewood Park, which was particulalry nasty, with Terry and Lampard leading the 'taps aff' celebration with their fans at the end.

Everyone else thought they were arrogant/bullies/brash but they did have a real sense of togetherness and obviously won back to back titles. I may be wrong but I seem to remember there being a similar attitude/impression surrounding them at the time.

How Cahill stayed on the park v Spurs is beyond belief. Halved Rose as he scored, fouled Kane for the penalty and kicked Kane while he was lying on the ground. Wasn't even booked in the game. BBC didn't even show the kick on MOTD and never mentioned it in the post match analysis. Obviously because he's England's centre half they decided to ignore it.

Mourinho's at it with all his chat about a campaign against Chelsea. He doesn't believe a word of it, but he's banking on it resulting in Chelsea getting favourable decisions as the season goes on.

Mat Le Tissier had a right go at the officials and FA on soccer saturday. Pointed out that the FA don't want to upset england regulars like Sterling and Cahill but will happily go to town on Cisse and Shelvey. Also brought up the Shearer Lennon incident and it was hard to argue with a word he was saying. Which was a pleasant change.

Mat Le Tissier had a right go at the officials and FA on soccer saturday. Pointed out that the FA don't want to upset england regulars like Sterling and Cahill but will happily go to town on Cisse and Shelvey. Also brought up the Shearer Lennon incident and it was hard to argue with a word he was saying. Which was a pleasant change.

He is 100% spot on.

Also just seen the Liverpool pens against Leicester. Jesus wept.

I absolutely love Soccer Saturday with Jeff etc. Its like sitting in the living room with your mates checking your football coupons. They all speak their mind honestly as far as I'm concerned. I do spread betting on loads of matches - beats BBC by fooking miles.

I absolutely love Soccer Saturday with Jeff etc. Its like sitting in the living room with your mates checking your football coupons. They all speak their mind honestly as far as I'm concerned. I do spread betting on loads of matches - beats BBC by fooking miles.

Just as long as they don't mention Gerrard? :D