Public Spelling Blunders - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Public Spelling Blunders

the widely abused used of the word 'engineer' also annoys me. The same phrase is usually attached to photocopiers and vending machines.

As an "engineer" myself, the widely abused use of the term "technical difficulties" to describe various ups that are generally user error annoys me.

I do agree on the over (and incorrect) use of the word engineer, although I find myself using it to avoid confusion.

I`m surprised none of the many spelling mistakes from the SSC e-mails have not been mentioned yet.......

Good s'hout!

Do you know if they're looking for a proff-reader on an ad-hoc basis? Cos I've done a bit in my time..........

Edited by Flure

This thread would have been funnier if it was titled Pubic Spelling Blunders.

I remember being quite young, and my sister had got nits at school, so we all got treated, while waiting on the shampoo to be ready to wash out I was reading the bottle and kept asking my mum about Public lice, turned out I'd misread....