Boilers - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I've got a whistling kettle and a bleeping microwave but I've never had a conversation with a tap.

Try it, when my head starts bursting on here with the huge amounts of guff talked (you and I not included of course.) I go through and chit chat to my taps.

:blink:

Having slept on it I am also blaming the tap. If it has a light god only knows what overly clever hot cold switching pish is going on in its tiny tap mind and which has now gone badly wrong. Although I am bit confused it did not run hot with the cold valve turned off at the pipe underneath the sink. Again it will be your fancy dan tap being a somehow, probably.

Edited by thplinth

Aye, it could be that. Anybody who spends almost £800 on a tap deserves all the hassle they get.

Two other possibilities are an air lock (could easily be confused for a ghost, I suppose) OR the tap just isn't opened far enough to give a sufficient flow rate for the boiler to detect.

Can you explain in more detail what you mean by that bit?

I know it's an expensive tap but I'm assuming that it doesn't speak to you, does it?

Seriously Orra, do you know have a talking tap? Bit of a beamer admitting that, everyone who's everyone has a talking tap. And a wee pet mouse.

I've got a whistling kettle and a bleeping microwave but I've never had a conversation with a tap.

Try it, when my head starts bursting on here with the huge amounts of guff talked (you and I not included of course.) I go through and chit chat to my taps.

:blink:

Having slept on it I am also blaming the tap. If it has a light god only knows what overly clever hot cold switching pish is going on in its tiny tap mind and which has now gone badly wrong. Although I am bit confused it did not run hot with the cold valve turned off at the pipe underneath the sink. Again it will be your fancy dan tap being a somehow, probably.

Aye, it could be that. Anybody who spends almost £800 on a tap deserves all the hassle they get.

Two other possibilities are an air lock (could easily be confused for a ghost, I suppose) OR the tap just isn't opened far enough to give a sufficient flow rate for the boiler to detect.

That tap in the link is not my tap. As much as I would like an all singing, all tap dancing, disco tap, the reason I posted the link was to show the tap control as I made a mess of explains it.

That tap in the link is not my tap. As much as I would like an all singing, all tap dancing, disco tap, the reason I posted the link was to show the tap control as I made a mess of explains it.

We all know but it's so much better, as none of us can offer practical help, to either feel jealous or take the mick out of your all singing all dancing tap. I like the thought that someone on the TAMB has reached the heady heights of being able to afford an £800 tap so please don't destroy the wee bit of happiness I derive from that thought. I've also added a wee saddle hanging next to the tap that fits your pet mouse in this tap dream. :)

I really hope you get it fixed by the way. :ok:

• 1 month later...

Hot water started to come back out the tap again so I assumed that whatever was wrong with it in the first place fixed itself (silly I know).

Turns out it was the boiler. Whoever installed it was a cowboy and should have his gas certificate (if he had one) ripped up.

It stopped working completely on Thursday night so got an engineer out yesterday to have a look at at. He said he had never seen such a poorly installed boiler in the 20 years he had been doing it and had to take pictures to show his fellow colleagues. The most ridiculous of the 5 faults he found was it had a 13 amp Fuse instead of a 3amp. So rather than blow the fuse, it set fire to the circuit board, melted it in half, melted the cabling and basically went out in a blaze of glory. We are lucky the house did not burn down. However, not the best time of the year to have no heating and hot water and could do without having to pay £1600 for a new boiler 4 months before the wedding!

You should get a detailed report from the Engineer and go to a Lawyer to pursue the clown who installed it.

This. If it was that dangerous then he needs to be stopped from touching any gas appliance!

Hot water started to come back out the tap again so I assumed that whatever was wrong with it in the first place fixed itself (silly I know).

Turns out it was the boiler. Whoever installed it was a cowboy and should have his gas certificate (if he had one) ripped up.

It stopped working completely on Thursday night so got an engineer out yesterday to have a look at at. He said he had never seen such a poorly installed boiler in the 20 years he had been doing it and had to take pictures to show his fellow colleagues. The most ridiculous of the 5 faults he found was it had a 13 amp Fuse instead of a 3amp. So rather than blow the fuse, it set fire to the circuit board, melted it in half, melted the cabling and basically went out in a blaze of glory. We are lucky the house did not burn down. However, not the best time of the year to have no heating and hot water and could do without having to pay £1600 for a new boiler 4 months before the wedding!

That's all good and well but what about the mouse?!

We had to take the landowner to court due to his mismanagement of the block of flat a few years back. We had £120k of repairs required and he was refusing to do it even though the ground rent and service charges were up to date.

The court ruled in our favour and ordered him to pay for repairs and legal costs but he disappeared off the face of the planet and shut down his construction and property management company. On the plus side, we got the freehold.

The mouse and I came to an agreement. He can have the flat every other weekend and Thursday night. Although I may need to knit him a wee jumper for this weekend

I was just thinking about you kps, I was reading a groupon type email and it had an led shower head on offer. Every time I see or hear about an all singing all dancing water appliance you come to mind. I also think of you every time I watch the wee mouse family out back take my rabbit's straw. Thinking about it I may be slightly obsessed with you. I'm away for another wee drink to take my mind off the subject. I got a bottle of Monkeys shoulder tonight, interesting.

Sorry to hear your troubles but at least you're safe and you and future Mrs Kps can run about in the nuddie basking in the glorious heat of your new marriage.

Thank you, eh, I think.

I have always wanted a groupie.

Do you ever have one of those days when you come onto TAMB, see your name and an early time and think, I didn't write on the board last night? I am though very impressed with my post and lack of serious spelling or grammatical mistakes considering my tired and emotional state!

To be honest, I've got a really bad memory and am incredibly lazy, so I'll be a shiety groupie and/or stalker but I'll give it my best. ☺️?

Edited by G-Man