Enjoyment - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Jacques Hunt

Had a good laugh in North Stand v Ireland on Friday. In what seemed like the 20th minute of time added on at end of 90, when the boys were struggling in their attempts to keep the ball in the corner flag area, there was a kind of hushed lull caused by much nervous tension and nail- biting. One lone voice shouted loudly and exasperatedly

'Where's the f.....g enjoyment in aw this?!?!?!

Kind of summed up for me not only the situation at the time, but also what is now 41 years of attending Scotland gemmes. I liked it anyway. Good book title perhaps.

If we won all the time it'd be crap. We appreciate every goal so much more and every win is always greeted with delight.

Who do you think would enjoy winning the Euros more, us or Spain?

Never want to be someone else.

Certainly agree. If fairy godmother came doon waving her wand and telling me I could be Brazilian/German/ Argentinian if I wanted, 'My wish is your command' and all that , I'd tell her tae GTF.

Still get the buzz for every Scotland game, even last night, but last night was somehow different. Friday much better, much more important. Could mebbes ask Fairy Godmother to ensure England never, ever qualify for another tournament finals.

Certainly agree. If fairy godmother came doon waving her wand and telling me I could be Brazilian/German/ Argentinian if I wanted, 'My wish is your command' and all that , I'd tell her tae GTF.

Still get the buzz for every Scotland game, even last night, but last night was somehow different. Friday much better, much more important. Could mebbes ask Fairy Godmother to ensure England never, ever qualify for another tournament finals.

This......

If we won all the time it'd be crap. We appreciate every goal so much more and every win is always greeted with delight.

Yep.

Even though this campaign is going well I'm still surprised when we score.

Elated also, but that surprise element makes the elation higher.

This x 100.

That's what makes moments like Maloney's goal all the sweeter. Still watching it now nearly a week after the game. Qualifying for the euros and winning a game will be such an amazing feeling, especially for all of us too young to make the most out of 96

It would be better if you asked her for a top class Scottish forward.