Pa Music - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Redondo

Firstly, well done to the guys on the PA for not playing any music immediately after the goal on Friday. I hope that's in direct response to some of the feedback on this site, and allowed for a good length of total uninterrupted bedlam. That's how it should be, let the crowd create the atmosphere.

So whilst on the subject of PA music, is it just me, or is the 500 Miles, Loch Lomand etc 'sing along' before kick off and a half time not getting a bit predictable. Linking to the other theme that crops up on here from time to time re lack of song, I think the folks in charge of this need to get a bit more creative, and start playing things that can translate to the stands DURING GAMES.

Loch Lomond always has and always will be a TA favourite.

I was watching on the British Pathe website, a newsreel of a Scotland vs. England match from the 1930s and you could hear the fans belting out Loch Lomond even back then !

Being old fashioned, I'd love for the TA to proudly belt out traditional tunes like Bonnie Dundee, A' the Blue Bonnets Are Over the Border, Scots Wha Hae, Dark Lochnagar, the Mingulay Boat Song, A Man's A Man For A' That, Scotland Will Flourish, Roses of Prince Charlie, the Skye Boat Song or The Standard On The Braes O' Mar.

But with that not really being likely, I'd gladly settle for getting Caledonia sung en masse at Hampden :ok:

Insomnia playing as the teams came out a few years back, was pretty cool though. I'd bring that back for the big games.

Loch Lomond always has and always will be a TA favourite.

I was watching on the British Pathe website, a newsreel of a Scotland vs. England match from the 1930s and you could hear the fans belting out Loch Lomond even back then !

Being old fashioned, I'd love for the TA to proudly belt out traditional tunes like Bonnie Dundee, A' the Blue Bonnets Are Over the Border, Scots Wha Hae, Dark Lochnagar, the Mingulay Boat Song, A Man's A Man For A' That, Scotland Will Flourish, Roses of Prince Charlie, the Skye Boat Song or The Standard On The Braes O' Mar.

But with that not really being likely, I'd gladly settle for getting Caledonia sung en masse at Hampden :ok:

Insomnia playing as the teams came out a few years back, was pretty cool though. I'd bring that back for the big games.

:ok::sing:

Firstly, well done to the guys on the PA for not playing any music immediately after the goal on Friday. I hope that's in direct response to some of the feedback on this site, and allowed for a good length of total uninterrupted bedlam. That's how it should be, let the crowd create the atmosphere.

So whilst on the subject of PA music, is it just me, or is the 500 Miles, Loch Lomand etc 'sing along' before kick off and a half time not getting a bit predictable. Linking to the other theme that crops up on here from time to time re lack of song, I think the folks in charge of this need to get a bit more creative, and start playing things that can translate to the stands DURING GAMES.

There was music after the goal, just have no idea what it was - think we were other wise occupied lol

Ted Christopher usually sings the old songs before the matches. Goes round the country singing songs about different places like Sunshine on Leith, Northern Lights of Aberdeen and Killykrankie(sp?) and classic stuff like that