Players Ratings - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Players Ratings

Caledonian Craig

How did people rate our players last night? Here is how I saw it:-

David Marshall 7 (Solid handling and made a great save off McGeady. If his kicking had been better would have been 8)

Steven Whittaker 7 (Solid performance. Calm in possession and built from the back well)

Grant Hanley 6 (Looked shaky at times but still didn't let us down)

Russell Martin 7 (Impressive. Becoming a real rock at the back for us)

Andrew Robertson 8 (Assured in defence and dangerous on the attack. This boy will go far)

Scott Brown 7 (One of his quieter games for us but still had a hand in the goal)

Charlie Mulgrew 8 (Put in a great display and continues to impress for us)

Shaun Maloney 9 (Superbly taken goal and all-round game could not be faulted)

Ikechi Anya 7 (Good in patches but has had better games for us)

Steven Naismith 8 (He has become a key plaplayer for us. Holds ball well, good dribbler and wins cheap free-kicks. Also great in the air for one so small)

Steven Fletcher 7 (His link up play was great and brings others into the game. Needs a goal or two for us though)

Subs:-

Chris Martin 5 (Holds ball up well but lacks pace and missed a good chance)

Darren Fletcher 5 (Not on long enough to make an impression)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did people rate our players last night? Here is how I saw it:-

David Marshall 7 (Solid handling and made a great save off McGeady. If his kicking had been better would have been 8)

Steven Whittaker 7 (Solid performance. Calm in possession and built from the back well)

Grant Hanley 6 (Looked shaky at times but still didn't let us down)

Russell Martin 7 (Impressive. Becoming a real rock at the back for us)

Andrew Robertson 8 (Assured in defence and dangerous on the attack. This boy will go far)

Scott Brown 7 (One of his quieter games for us but still had a hand in the goal)

Charlie Mulgrew 8 (Put in a great display and continues to impress for us)

Shaun Maloney 9 (Superbly taken goal and all-round game could not be faulted)

Ikechi Anya 7 (Good in patches but has had better games for us)

Steven Naismith 8 (He has become a key plaplayer for us. Holds ball well, good dribbler and wins cheap free-kicks. Also great in the air for one so small)

Steven Fletcher 7 (His link up play was great and brings others into the game. Needs a goal or two for us though)

Subs:-

Chris Martin 5 (Holds ball up well but lacks pace and missed a good chance)

Darren Fletcher 5 (Not on long enough to make an impression)

Agree with most of this.

I didn't actually think Maloney had his best game but I'll forgive him for that piece of brilliance.

Martin looked like a Sunday league player when he came on.

Mulgrew was my Motm followed closely by Robertson.

I'd be kinder to Martin, he was on the park to stop the Irish going through the players to get the ball. Watched the game again this morning, he shores up our possession considerably. And sure isn't as creative as Fletcher, he was still key to get a hold of the game.

Edited by Tartan_Wolf

I'd be kinder to Martin, he was on the park to stop the Irish going through the players to get the ball. Watched the game again this morning, he shores up our possession considerably. And sure isn't as creative as Fletcher, he was still key to get a hold of the game.

Fair comment. Just doesn't cut it for me and up front remains a concern.

Marshall 7 (good performance, terrible kicking)

whittaker 7 (good balanced performance, doesn't have the explosive attacking that Hutton has, and we miss that)

Hanley 5 (no pace, reckless booking could have cost us, but at the end of the day, a clean sheet)

R.martin 7 (solid, reliable)

Robertson 8 (just excellent, regardless of experience)

Brown 5 (not up to usual standard, lacked composure, no forward commitment, guess that was the plan)

MULGREW 9 (absolute revelation, great with and without the ball, best player on the park by miles)

Maloney 8 (I have never taken to him, cant forgive Georgia away in 2007, but he has been outstanding so far in campaign, gr8 goal)

Naismith 8 ( gr8 workrate/ability........ still no final product)

anya 6 ( good work rate, not the player ppl think he is, but decent shift, and decent pace, obviously essential to us)

s Fletcher 5 ( sorry, I can see there is a player there, and his work rate is good, but still no finished product........... and I still hold a grudge from the levein debacle)

subs

D fletcher 6 (not enough time, but we kept the clean sheet, so bringing him on steadied the ship)

C martin 4 (sorry not an international footballer, too slow... simple as that)

Strachan 8 (1-0, 3 pts, speaks for itself)

Celtic park 6

sfa SWEET F... ALL (speaks for itself)

Overall 8

I agree that Steven Fletcher brings various qualities to the side, but 1 goal in 18 games is a worry. You can't get away from that.

Said exact same on the way home. The other issue as that our only other real option is to put Naismith up which is in turn detrimental to other area.

Best players in their best positions and all that

We'll play better football on Tuesday, Ireland were a team of cloggers who pressed high up the park to stop us playing and hit lots of long balls and relied mainly on corners. Our bad challenges were accidental or out of desperation, theirs had a nasty edge to them. You can see how they nick games by being difficult to break down/physically strong then stealing a goal as they almost did at the end. I'm glad we defended the corners because they got so many of them.

A second goal would kill off most teams but especially them, shame we didn't get one.

s Fletcher 5 ( sorry, I can see there is a player there, and his work rate is good, but still no finished product........... and I still hold a grudge from the levein debacle)

Must disagree with you here he is our class player imo.

Disagree I feel as if Fletcher is vital to Scotlands attack holds the ball up well, great technical ability with dangerous layoffs to the pacey midfielders (naisy and anya) one thing missing from his game is getting his name on the scoresheet and it will come.

Disagree I feel as if Fletcher is vital to Scotlands attack holds the ball up well, great technical ability with dangerous layoffs to the pacey midfielders (naisy and anya) one thing missing from his game is getting his name on the scoresheet and it will come.

Yes I agree think you missed my copy of previous message. ??

This has been discussed before. Rhodes iis not a type of player (I think) that Strachan feels ccomfortable using. He has an eye for goal but can he hold the ball up? No. Can he create chances for others? No.

In short too one-dimensional for the way we are set up to play at the moment.

rhodes not for me.

C martin neither