School Trips - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Paris - bus and boat. The highlight being one of the kids getting pushed by a drunk guy on the boat.

Norfolk Broads x2. Two of the older kids got sent home for smoking weed. And the maths teacher got done for speeding on one of the boats, something we never let her forget ha!

Millport. Summer 96, the day we played England. We were allowed in the pub to watch it, must have been 12 at the time. Some guy went mental when Gazza scored, pints flying everywhere. We loved it!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye it looks good. I've not been inside it yet funnily enough.

The old one was decrepit 60's architecture at it's worst, was crumbling to bits by the end, legions of insects were living in every little crack in the walls, pipes leaked and the heating was never on in winter. The drama studio was in a converted swimming pool :-)). The Heidie, his deputes and the history teachers were a bunch of wanks when I went there :angry:. Art, Drama, English and RE teachers were all totally sound chaps though :ok:

We also once had a PE teacher who looked suspiciously like Jim Leishman !

Only other trips we went on at Eastwood were to the GFT to watch a French language film, Glasgow Science centre which was actually a good day's worth of arsing around and the local theatre to see Othello.

Primary school trips were the bollocks. Culzean Castle and the Viking museum in Largs were belters as I remember. The RE trips to the Synagogue and the Mosque were actually pretty good as I recall too :cheers3:

At least they have a new school. They just put new windows on the front of barrhead high a few years ago and gates to make it look like a prison. They did get a decent football pitch though.

Oh aye we went on a ski trip in 6th year to italy. Think they have done it evwry year since now. And went to france with geograpgy to see some glaciers and shit. Music used to go to holland for so e reason.

Edited by Kirk

Butlins in '96,we had a massive scrap with a school from England. Loads of detentions handed out after that one.

Went to Maastricht in '98,during the world cup. We were all 16/17 and got to stay in the bar with the teachers and watch the world cup,whilst all the youngsters were packed to their rooms at 8pm.

Spin the bottle in one of the rooms revealed to me the largest tits I had ever seen that year. They were tremendous.

One kid had a few joints confiscated,sure the teachers smoked them all and we had a wee mini battle with some local kids at a bowling alley. Again,detentions were handed out,but we left after that trip,so we pretty much got to do what we wanted.

Primary school trips were the classics...

Stirling Castle

New Lanark

Transport museum

Blair Drummond Safari park

Science Centre

Although one year the school was skint & sent us to the local play park, not to worry though they arranged for an ice cream van to turn up & we got a cone each. Albeit it was about 5 degrees & cloudy. Ah those were the days...

Then when you got to secondary school it got spiced up & trips started going abroad. Don't know how the PE department got away with it being an 'educational' trip but every year went to South of Spain for 6 days & all it consisted of was beach, pool, water park, theme park & an occasional game of football or tennis at the hotel complex!

There is no flumes at the Mariner Centre

There was one that came outside and went back in - removed because of razor blades :ok:

TT

Primary school trips I can remember were

Linlithgow Palace

Blantyre (David Livingstones house)

Edinburgh Castle (at least twice)

Bannockburn

And Calderpark Zoo where the gibbon that my class adopted demonstrated the art of masturbating furiously for the duration of our visit, resulting in most of our class

asking our embarrassed female teacher "Whats the monkey doing miss?" and watching her blush.

:yikes3: :yikes3: :yikes3: