Spfl: Tuesday 4Th November News. - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Spfl: Tuesday 4Th November News.

Rangers had a comfortable 3-0 win over Cowdenbeath and are now 4pts behind Hearts. Also at the moment it looks like the Rangers v Alloa on the 15th November could go ahead. So far only McLeod has been called up for international duty, Shiels was not named in the NI squad and Zaluiskas is injured. Can't see Mohnsi being called up as he has not played for a while.

So why was your game in October postponed then?

Shiels was in NI squad by the looks of it. I think a couple of others were called up for their national squads but withdrew because of injury. It should have never been postponed and makes Super even more daft as a manager than he already is IMO.

Shiels last call up for Northern ireland was in May, Zaliukas was injured and not called up by Lithuania.

Moshni was called up but was he not suspended at the time for Rangers anyway?

Well done Ally. You got a game changed so you could play a part-time team on a work day.

So he complied with the rules.

Shiels was in NI squad by the looks of it. I think a couple of others were called up for their national squads but withdrew because of injury. It should have never been postponed and makes Super even more daft as a manager than he already is IMO.

Zaliukas, Shiels and Moshni were called up. Moshni was then banned and Shiels withdrew through injury.

Just about every Gers fan I know totally agrees with you btw. Keep in mind we also got a Petrofac cup match with East Fife postponed for the same reasons.

Shiels last call up for Northern ireland was in May, Zaliukas was injured and not called up by Lithuania.

Moshni was called up but was he not suspended at the time for Rangers anyway?

Well done Ally. You got a game changed so you could play a part-time team on a work day.

Don;t quote me on this mate but I'm almost certain Shiels was called up by Northern Ireland in October. He was on a reserve list or something. It has to be the case anyway as there needs to be a minimum of 3 called up to push a postponement through

p.s also worth pointing out, the game was already off by the time Moshni was suspended. Cowdenbeath asked for the game to be put back on at that point.

Edited by Angus_Young

Don;t quote me on this mate but I'm almost certain Shiels was called up by Northern Ireland in October. He was on a reserve list or something. It has to be the case anyway as there needs to be a minimum of 3 called up to push a postponement through

p.s also worth pointing out, the game was already off by the time Moshni was suspended. Cowdenbeath asked for the game to be put back on at that point.

ah you are right

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/ally-mccoists-dig-at-hearts-over-potential-fixture-logjam-fears.25629539

are they even getting a game just now? moshni isnt is he? so probably not a big impact for you.

Peralta's not been seen since he got hooked at HT when we were 3-0 down to Hibs. Mohsni has been on the bench for the last few games. It's the right decision to not call off the game as we can't afford to lose any more ground on Hearts but I'm out that night and could have done with not going to it!

Peralta's not been seen since he got hooked at HT when we were 3-0 down to Hibs. Mohsni has been on the bench for the last few games. It's the right decision to not call off the game as we can't afford to lose any more ground on Hearts but I'm out that night and could have done with not going to it!

like you say its always the way - when you need it called off it gets played! Used to be the same everytime Utd were playing in Edinburgh - we would be away for the weekend.

That of course is not so much of an issue now...

:-))