Crowd For Next Tuesday (N.Ireland) - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Crowd For Next Tuesday (N.Ireland)

Anyone any idea how ticket sales are going, I can usually get a good guess when looking at the stadium seating plan (but can't seem to find it in the new layout) ??

Also how many tickets have been sold to the away fans ?

Thanks in advance

SSC seem to be pushing on social media the link for tickets, which hints that its far from a sell out.

Imagine with it now live on the BBC it will not jump up all that much (unless we beat the Dutch).

Northern Ireland always seem to bring a healthy support, but its mainly students in Glasgow and Edinburgh.

With it being live on bbc I think anywhere near 40000 would be a very healthy turnout. Probably as someone else said between 35000 and 40000.Lot of people not that interested in friendly matches especially when they are shown the bbc etc. 

4 minutes ago, thesaint said:

With it being live on bbc I think anywhere near 40000 would be a very healthy turnout. Probably as someone else said between 35000 and 40000.Lot of people not that interested in friendly matches especially when they are shown the bbc etc. 

Are you talking about tickets sold or actual attendance? There are a lot of harvesters about. 😉

54 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Are you talking about tickets sold or actual attendance? There are a lot of harvesters about. 😉

Was talking about the actual attendance. Realise that some just bought a ticket for a point or as part of the 5 match package and won't go. Surely that shouldn't be more than a few thousand or so. but who knows. Soon find out. 

I reckon package buyers will be making up the SFAs money up front, but £35 for a friendly on TV doesn't encourage the walk up fan, in my opinion

Make it 20-25 and fill the ground.  It's a midweek friendly.

Generally the SFAs pricing has been better but I think theyve got this one wrong.

5 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

I reckon package buyers will be making up the SFAs money up front, but £35 for a friendly on TV doesn't encourage the walk up fan, in my opinion

Generally the SFAs pricing has been better but I think theyve got this one wrong.

Yes. £35 for a friendly that is on the bbc is hardly an incentive to make the effort on a pishing wet tuesday(if the weather forecast is correct).Starting to think somewhere between 30 and 35 thousand. 

21 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

Totally agree, SFA done well in recent packages, but they have got this one wrong-our family has 3 SSC packages & my sister wanted to go who isn’t an SSC member so I got her a ticket on my account was £35 with the cheek to add a £1.00 booking fee

43 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Yes. £35 for a friendly that is on the bbc is hardly an incentive to make the effort on a pishing wet tuesday(if the weather forecast is correct).Starting to think somewhere between 30 and 35 thousand. 

I guessed at around that number before the tickets went on sale but I'm now thinking it could be less than 30,000. Depends on the weather to a large extent now.

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

I guessed at around that number before the tickets went on sale but I'm now thinking it could be less than 30,000. Depends on the weather to a large extent now.

Weather forecast not too braw. Rain early in day but maybe off before the match starts. 

Seems to be plenty of people trying to offload tickets including giving them away. Know it is only a friendly and on the bbc but shows how quickly interest can fade. Suppose if you were coming a fair distance then it is a big effort compared to those of us living nearer Hampden.