SFA ticket sale - Netherlands v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

SFA ticket sale

CAT

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will be interesting to see if its 100percent pick up out there. The longer they leave it suggests it will be.

I personally have no problem with this , but why are we being charged for the service ?

Isn't that what our membership fees should go towards?

£50 x 35,000 members thats £1.75 MILLION POUNDS.

3 hours ago, Langtoun exile said:

Was thinking it may be delayed due to SFA putting in a new purchase system. Its mentioned in last weeks email.

Would be useful to know how mamy tickets though for those who've booked flights etc 

Awe naw. 😨

What could go wrong with that? 🤣

7 hours ago, Andy of Lochcarron said:

Decided to book flights & hotel, I know I am likely to have sufficient loyalty points but keen to get sorted as my daughter only has 6 points & keeping my fingers crossed we will get sufficient allocation !

Think we will get a decent allocation and that most people who want to go will get one.Normally Amsterdam is a big pull but with it being a friendly and the euros being 3 months later i think quite a lot will be saving their cash for the big one.

There’s really no excuse for the SFA not forcing the issue to get this shit sorted quicker for friendlies. 

I understand that the qualifiers are a different situation, but for friendlies this should be taken care of more or less as the fixture is announced. It’s ridiculous to have folk waiting 6 weeks out and not knowing what’s happening - especially for those on lower points who don’t know if they’ll get a ticket. 

It just smacks of not giving a fuck about travelling fans. 

4 hours ago, AlfieMoon said:

There’s really no excuse for the SFA not forcing the issue to get this shit sorted quicker for friendlies. 

I understand that the qualifiers are a different situation, but for friendlies this should be taken care of more or less as the fixture is announced. It’s ridiculous to have folk waiting 6 weeks out and not knowing what’s happening - especially for those on lower points who don’t know if they’ll get a ticket. 

Agree.No excuse for this nonsense.Really feel that the sfa quite often fail to push our fans case.Seem quite happy for this to be dragged out.It's a friendly for heavens sake.The Netherlands must know by now how many tickets they are going to give us.For f..ks it's time the sfa grew a pair and demanded them to let us know how many we are getting.Otherwise what is the point  of the supporters club if they are not there to fight on our behalf.

10 hours ago, thesaint said:

Agree.No excuse for this nonsense.Really feel that the sfa quite often fail to push our fans case.Seem quite happy for this to be dragged out.It's a friendly for heavens sake.The Netherlands must know by now how many tickets they are going to give us.For f..ks it's time the sfa grew a pair and demanded them to let us know how many we are getting.Otherwise what is the point  of the supporters club if they are not there to fight on our behalf.

£50 x 35,000 members = £1.75 million is the point for the SFA.

Unfortunately for the membership, that comes with no guarantees of satisfactory service.

1 hour ago, Barney Rubble said:

£50 x 35,000 members = £1.75 million is the point for the SFA.

Unfortunately for the membership, that comes with no guarantees of satisfactory service.

Not wrong. It's all about the money money money. Think they would feel a duty to (as the americans would say) ..  go in and pitch for us. It surely isn't too much too ask. 

20 minutes ago, Andy of Lochcarron said:

I think, in this instance its difficult to blame the SFA, as it seems Dutch FA are dragging their feet, I emailed SFA & they they are still waiting on the Dutch FA decision of allocation number, all the same it is frustrating

Nah mate,  that’s too easy to let them off the hook.  

There’s a list of things that need agreed to sign up to a friendly - potentially a contract agreement. The SFA are obviously just not prioritising this as part of their agreement/negotiations. 

4 hours ago, Andy of Lochcarron said:

I think, in this instance its difficult to blame the SFA, as it seems Dutch FA are dragging their feet, I emailed SFA & they they are still waiting on the Dutch FA decision of allocation number, all the same it is frustrating

Would like to think they would be a bit more pro active on this. The away allocation should have been agreed long before this. It's not a difficult decision to make. The sfa are scared to force the issue. Really poor. 

On 2/15/2024 at 4:46 PM, AlfieMoon said:

100%!

Really can't understand what the delay is all about. The tickets have been on sale for the game in Amsterdam for well over a month. So if they are selling tickets they must know which sections are reserved for Scotland fans and can't be sold to The Netherlands fans. 

On 2/15/2024 at 4:46 PM, AlfieMoon said:

Emailed them this morning regarding fans needing to know what our allocation will be so people on lower points can have an idea if they are likely to get tickets and can then book travel. The response was the stock answer. The Netherlands haven't told us yet and we will let you know when they do. Absolutely no response to the points i was making about the hassle it causes fans regarding time off work, booking travel etc. Absolutely zero interest in the points i made. Excuse me if i throw up when they start all that phoney we appreciate the effort Scotland fans make and how great they are rhetoric. It just doesn't wash with me. 😡😡

Got a feeling by the time they tell us our allocation that a lot of lower pointers who would have went won't be able to get time off work etc and that we might not sell out the allocation. With a lot of fans concentrating their money and time on the euros i would suggest the lack of ticket info could make it a no no for a lot of the lower pointers who might have went. Very little mention on this forum about the game to be honest. 

27 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Got a feeling by the time they tell us our allocation that a lot of lower pointers who would have went won't be able to get time off work etc and that we might not sell out the allocation. With a lot of fans concentrating their money and time on the euros i would suggest the lack of ticket info could make it a no no for a lot of the lower pointers who might have went. Very little mention on this forum about the game to be honest. 

I must admit I am losing a bit of patience now, I dont have loads of cash, I am not working & hanging on to get my pension in a year, my money goes on following Scotland, I am going to the Euros & my daughter didnt have enough loyalty points so she was really disappointed, but expected-I thought she should atleast have the trip to Netherlands match, we hing on for tickets, but in the end she had to get time off & we were afraid of losing flights so we have booked flights & hotel without knowing she will get a ticket, I wasn’t blaming SHA but from your info it appears the tickets have been on sale in the Netherlands for a while-makes me feel a bit miffed….. first thought should always be for the fans & arrangements fans have to make- I am old enough to realise we have never been the priority, however, this game was arranged in early December, somebody at the SFa should have been proactive in getting allocation sorted shortly afterwards-its all very disappointing tbh