Non football plans in Germany - Page 3 - Euro 2024 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Non football plans in Germany

GaryWood34

13 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

3 concerts booked so far (Rod Stewart, Take That, Kool & The Gang ft. Chic & Nile Rodgers)

A day trip over to the Aachen tripoint border

Various other day trips to the likes of Koblenz, Bamburg, Rothenburg and Bonn

Meeting up with friends old and new 

May well take a trip over the border to Utrecht, Arnhem and Liege

Just generally stoating about the place half pished

Rothenburg is probably the most beautiful German town I've ever seen

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/23/2024 at 8:34 PM, Rich NATA said:

I believe there is a Mercedes museum too.

The Porsche Factory (Zuffenhusen) is across the road from the museum, its well worth a tour as well. Believe it or not they have vending machines where the workers can buy a can of beer whilst building the cars!

22 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

3 concerts booked so far (Rod Stewart, Take That, Kool & The Gang ft. Chic & Nile Rodgers)

A day trip over to the Aachen tripoint border

Various other day trips to the likes of Koblenz, Bamburg, Rothenburg and Bonn

Meeting up with friends old and new 

May well take a trip over the border to Utrecht, Arnhem and Liege

Just generally stoating about the place half pished

Where and when is Kool n the gang?

On 1/26/2024 at 2:09 PM, Wull the Gull said:

Rothenburg is probably the most beautiful German town I've ever seen

I sat down last night with the big computer, pen and pad to draw up some sort of rough itinerary to coincide with my games

Rothenburg is one hell forsaken place to try and get to even from the big cities like Munich and Frankfurt

On 2/1/2024 at 10:17 AM, DoonTheSlope said:

I sat down last night with the big computer, pen and pad to draw up some sort of rough itinerary to coincide with my games

Rothenburg is one hell forsaken place to try and get to even from the big cities like Munich and Frankfurt

Aye its no easy. I had my car, braw roads, Heidelberg is worth a stop too

Taking the bike, so a ride over to Ulm after the Germany game and a ride down the Rhine to Mainz from Cologne after that game.  Trains will take me to Cologne and Stuttgart from Ulm and Mainz.  Hoping for a good long bike ride to Berlin (never been) for the last 16 game (or better still, the final).  Would need to jump a train to complete that though.  Toom much camping gear for The Stelvio!

On 2/5/2024 at 5:43 PM, Potted Heid said:

...but best of luck to you, man.  That is some ramp.

Have done Ventoux, Tourmalet, Huez etc, Just fancy it as I've never biked the Dolomites.

Have you done Stelvio? I mind last June there was still snow at the top....

On 2/5/2024 at 5:41 PM, Potted Heid said:

Taking the bike, so a ride over to Ulm after the Germany game and a ride down the Rhine to Mainz from Cologne after that game.  Trains will take me to Cologne and Stuttgart from Ulm and Mainz.  Hoping for a good long bike ride to Berlin (never been) for the last 16 game (or better still, the final).  Would need to jump a train to complete that though.  Toom much camping gear for The Stelvio!

I did wonder about the Rhine too, A bimble along a river without too much climbing, stopping off in wee toons for a Beer or two sounds idylic.

On 2/8/2024 at 3:33 PM, Wull the Gull said:

Have done Ventoux, Tourmalet, Huez etc, Just fancy it as I've never biked the Dolomites.

Have you done Stelvio? I mind last June there was still snow at the top....

No I just know it's reputation from Giros and the rivalry between Coppi and Bartali.

I'm more of a camping gear on the back of the tourer kind of rider.  Usually do one bike tour a year around a Scotland game.  Last years was a hot one - Madrid to Seville.  Pity the order of the Cologne/Stuttgart games hadn't been reversed as that would have set up a great straight run.

On 2/13/2024 at 8:30 AM, Potted Heid said:

No I just know it's reputation from Giros and the rivalry between Coppi and Bartali.

I'm more of a camping gear on the back of the tourer kind of rider.  Usually do one bike tour a year around a Scotland game.  Last years was a hot one - Madrid to Seville.  Pity the order of the Cologne/Stuttgart games hadn't been reversed as that would have set up a great straight run.

I've a mate I occasionally bike with, Chiz Roberts, At the euros in france he biked between Scotlands venues, said never again. Sometimes he had 300 mile to bike between games, said he got pissed off knowing his mates were all on the sauce while he was biking hammer and tongs just to make a game 🤣 

Gonna try for ACDC tickets for Vienna on the Wednesday after the final group game, 

The Zurich concert is closer however if we finish 3rd ,we will be playing that day 

Got the campervan, so ill just drive from Stuttgart to Vienna and then, hopefully, to next venue 👍🤘🤘🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Edited by stocky

1 hour ago, dan cake said:

We tried for Munich, pretty much sold out instantly ☹️

Sorry to hear that.

We're going to Vienna.. Wednesday after last group game 

Got campervan,so will just head over and hopefully Scotland have another game out of group that we can go to on the weekend 

Edited by stocky

18 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Has anyone ever done the Aachen tripoint before?

Im thinking of taking a wander up when I’m shift base to monchengladbach but it looks like it’s could be fair trek wading through mud, shite and fuck knows what else 

Must say you are making it sound attractive. Wading through mud, shite and f. ck knows what. Sounds like a great day out. 😂😄

On 2/16/2024 at 4:44 PM, DoonTheSlope said:

Has anyone ever done the Aachen tripoint before?

Im thinking of taking a wander up when I’m shift base to monchengladbach but it looks like it’s could be fair trek wading through mud, shite and fuck knows what else 

Went on a school trip in the 70s, don't mind much about it 🫣

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...