Euro 24 rail passes - Page 2 - Euro 2024 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Euro 24 rail passes

11 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

Out of interest, how much are the two tournament passes? I haven't seen any mention of price.

It would be 25% discount off the main prices on the Interrail site. 

I got 25% off in the Black Friday promo. It worked out about £335 for 15 days. Would have been £275 for 10 days. 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad I decided to wait in the end and not impulse buy them on Sunday for well over double/triple the amount.

Train tickets from Munich to Cologne & Cologne to Stuttgart purchased today with the DB Euro 2024 train ticket.

Only thing left now is to patiently wait for June to come! 😁

Edited by DesiScotsman

2 hours ago, slasher said:

I’ve booked passage to Cologne but I’ve left the Stuttgart one out for now as return journey is unpalatable. I’ve got to assume extra trains will be announced after midnight at some point. Any thoughts @TA-West Germany?

No. Full schedule out there and I don’t think they will run extra ICEs for Euros. At least I did not read that anywhere… which connection is still open for you?

36 minutes ago, TA-West Germany said:

No. Full schedule out there and I don’t think they will run extra ICEs for Euros. At least I did not read that anywhere… which connection is still open for you?

Train to Stuttgart from Düsseldorf is taking about 3 hours with a change. However the return (after midnight) is showing 6 hours with a couple of changes. I might just book it as t&c’s are saying you’re not tied to a particular train so if a better option becomes available I can still take it.

On 1/17/2024 at 9:21 PM, slasher said:

Train to Stuttgart from Düsseldorf is taking about 3 hours with a change. However the return (after midnight) is showing 6 hours with a couple of changes. I might just book it as t&c’s are saying you’re not tied to a particular train so if a better option becomes available I can still take it.

The last one is a flex ticket then…

• 2 weeks later...

To pick up the point on flexibility, my reading of the main uefa page on the travel options was that you were specifically tied into the specific train time you select when you buy the tickets. Is the feeling that actually this may not be true?

Also, assuming I buy these DB tickets for my whole party, they can then each show their own fan pass and it shouldn’t matter that I might hold the tickets in the DB app/email on my phone - is that people’s take?

• 2 weeks later...

Me and one other in my group have tickets for all the games via SFA. 4 More travelling with us don't have any tickets. Can we still buy 6 of the 29 euro train tickets for us all to travel with our 6 match tickets?

1 hour ago, GSS said:

Me and one other in my group have tickets for all the games via SFA. 4 More travelling with us don't have any tickets. Can we still buy 6 of the 29 euro train tickets for us all to travel with our 6 match tickets?

The info released suggests that if you buy the discounted DB rail tickets (which in theory anyone can), you will need to have a ‘Fan Pass’ in order for your DB rail tickets to be valid - assuming DB enforce that. From past experience, they can be stickler for the rules as I once had a run-in with a conductor for not having my payment card - as this was apparently required to be checked in order to validate my tickets. 

Anyway - In order to get a ‘Fan Pass’ you need to have a match ticket. So with that in mind, the 4 without tickets wouldn’t qualify for the discounted tickets. 

Details here: 

https://www.uefa.com/euro2024/event-guide/ticket-holders/

Good to know

• Your train ticket is only valid with your EURO 2024 Fan Pass. All ticket holders will have access to a Fan Pass for free. 
  • You will need to show your EURO 2024 Fan Pass when travelling on the train – just like a railcard.
  • The DB Ticket EURO 2024 is non-refundable.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2024 at 7:42 PM, TA-West Germany said:

Hello,

I am wondering if someone who has experience of using the trains in Germany or the DB website can please help me.

Last week, I went to book my trains from Munich to Bonn on June 15th and Bonn to Pforzheim on June 20th. When booking on the homepage of their official website, I selected the ‘Book seat only’ option and I'm now starting to think this was a mistake.

Does this mean I have booked my train tickets, because I couldn’t believe how cheap it is!  For 2 people from Munich to Bonn is £10 and Bonn to Pforzheim is £8. Surely this can’t be right?!

I want to make sure that I have my train tickets booked and paid for before arriving in Germany as I know how busy they will be.

Not entirely sure why there is a book seat only option, I just simply want to book my train tickets and book a seat too. It can’t be that difficult, right? Haha. 

I contacted DB but I have heard nothing back.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Cogy The Brave said:

Hello,

I am wondering if someone who has experience of using the trains in Germany or the DB website can please help me.

Last week, I went to book my trains from Munich to Bonn on June 15th and Bonn to Pforzheim on June 20th. When booking on the homepage of their official website, I selected the ‘Book seat only’ option and I'm now starting to think this was a mistake.

Does this mean I have booked my train tickets, because I couldn’t believe how cheap it is!  For 2 people from Munich to Bonn is £10 and Bonn to Pforzheim is £8. Surely this can’t be right?!

I want to make sure that I have my train tickets booked and paid for before arriving in Germany as I know how busy they will be.

Not entirely sure why there is a book seat only option, I just simply want to book my train tickets and book a seat too. It can’t be that difficult, right? Haha. 

I contacted DB but I have heard nothing back.

Thanks.

Yes, there is a book seat only option; I used this facility after I had booked a journey, but not a seat.

On your booking, if it says SITZPLATZRESEVIERUNG, that would suggest you have only booked the seat.

1 hour ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

15% off rail passes interrail thru 5 March

am looking at eurail option as outside europe

- i didnt see a huge discount on the fanpass ???

Last month, UEFA should have sent you an email regarding train deals; individual and passes. 

17th January rings a bell.

Think the individual journeys for match ticket holders are €29

Don't know about the passes.

3 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

Yes, there is a book seat only option; I used this facility after I had booked a journey, but not a seat.

On your booking, if it says SITZPLATZRESEVIERUNG, that would suggest you have only booked the seat.

Thanks for the info and that's exactly what it says, and after a quick google translate, it reads Seat Reservation. 

I take it you don't know where I can buy a ticket from my Seat reservation booking? It seems such a strange process this. 

59 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

Last month, UEFA should have sent you an email regarding train deals; individual and passes. 

17th January rings a bell.

Think the individual journeys for match ticket holders are €29

Don't know about the passes.

thanks for reply mate - i havent been on here in ages = only decided last month to take plunge and book accom - tbh avoided this forum ; as knew i was getting hosed on prices as hadnt booked ahead ; really even planned on going- but mate over here got a bunch of tickets in uefa ballot - few randoms plus our game v Swiss in Cologne ; so am taking my son and meeting some of the  lads too hopefully - so i havent seen any tickets , fan passes etc

we are flying Calgary to Paris (dont ask.....: )    ) then plan to train it to munich,prague,leipzig,bonn (all change for cologne)berlin,heidleberg (fencing and stuggart access...) back to paris  - plan on 7 days in month eurail pass for me and the loon -dont think the fan pass would be good for me as thinks it just germany ....

hes been to couple of games at pittodrie as 3 yr old ; so 18 yrs later be a bit of a culture shock i think

1 minute ago, Cogy The Brave said:

Thanks for the info and that's exactly what it says, and after a quick google translate, it reads Seat Reservation. 

I take it you don't know where I can buy a ticket from my Seat reservation booking? It seems such a strange process this. 

Have you downloaded the Deutsche Bahn app?

If not, do it. All your bookings will appear, even if you used the website before.

IIRC, the booking screen and the seat reservation screen are the same screen.

Book the train, but look out for the seat reservation bit and turn that off.

So you end up with 2 bookings... 1 train... 1 seat.

Just make sure you book the same train as your seat 😊

I booked my first train correctly, but screwed up my second one, so the app now shows - in order - this...

ZURICH-MUNIICH (with seat)

MUNICH-COLOGNE

MUNICH-COLOGNE (sitzplatz)

COLOGNE-STUTTGART (with seat)

4 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

Have you downloaded the Deutsche Bahn app?

If not, do it. All your bookings will appear, even if you used the website before.

IIRC, the booking screen and the seat reservation screen are the same screen.

Book the train, but look out for the seat reservation bit and turn that off.

So you end up with 2 bookings... 1 train... 1 seat.

Just make sure you book the same train as your seat 😊

I booked my first train correctly, but screwed up my second one, so the app now shows - in order - this...

ZURICH-MUNIICH (with seat)

MUNICH-COLOGNE

MUNICH-COLOGNE (sitzplatz)

COLOGNE-STUTTGART (with seat)

Excellent, many thanks for that. I will book it tomorrow when I feel more awake so I don't make an arse of it again. I'll let you know how I get on. Hopefully I didn't choose an expensive train to book my seat on. Haha

11 minutes ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

thanks for reply mate - i havent been on here in ages = only decided last month to take plunge and book accom - tbh avoided this forum ; as knew i was getting hosed on prices as hadnt booked ahead ; really even planned on going- but mate over here got a bunch of tickets in uefa ballot - few randoms plus our game v Swiss in Cologne ; so am taking my son and meeting some of the  lads too hopefully - so i havent seen any tickets , fan passes etc

we are flying Calgary to Paris (dont ask.....: )    ) then plan to train it to munich,prague,leipzig,bonn (all change for cologne)berlin,heidleberg (fencing and stuggart access...) back to paris  - plan on 7 days in month eurail pass for me and the loon -dont think the fan pass would be good for me as thinks it just germany ....

hes been to couple of games at pittodrie as 3 yr old ; so 18 yrs later be a bit of a culture shock i think

If it's any use, this was the link UEFA sent to ticket holders...

https://www.uefa.com/euro2024/event-guide/ticket-holders/

3 minutes ago, Cogy The Brave said:

Excellent, many thanks for that. I will book it tomorrow when I feel more awake so I don't make an arse of it again. I'll let you know how I get on. Hopefully I didn't choose an expensive train to book my seat on. Haha

5 minutes ago, Cogy The Brave said:

You should try that UEFA link too; it might keep your journey down to €29

• 4 weeks later...

Can the DB ticket Euro 2024 at 29 euros be used to travel from Munich after the Germany game to Bonn? Staying there for a few days before Cologne. It’s not super clear on the website, it does say venues only but when using the booking page it does seem to allow that booking to be made. 

13 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Can the DB ticket Euro 2024 at 29 euros be used to travel from Munich after the Germany game to Bonn? Staying there for a few days before Cologne. It’s not super clear on the website, it does say venues only but when using the booking page it does seem to allow that booking to be made. 

My understanding is, that going to and back from a venue city is allowed with the match ticket/fan pass. Else you would only be allowed to travel between host cities but people are not able to only book accommodation in host cities...