Free travel - ticket holder - Page 2 - Scotland v Germany - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Free travel - ticket holder

GaryWood34

On 12/18/2023 at 10:05 PM, scottincarlisle said:

Last time in Germany we travelled from Dusseldorf to Dortmund on match day & that was free. I think that's about 50 miles.

The two of us got this lovely ICE train back. Didn't know we weren't supposed to be on that one for free 🙈.   Was lovely though.

21 hours ago, The Bunnet said:

We do not actually have a physical ticket or even the code by then...What would you show, email, receipt?  I reckon it will be open house for anyone..ticket or not in the zones...

From ticket holder benefits guide

https://www.uefa.com/euro2024/event-guide/ticket-holders/

Screenshot_20231220_124046_Chrome.jpg

Edited by GLOSTA

16 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

I’m fairly sure there will be an app to download or something. Or something added to the UEFA app maybe? 

Wil be sent a code which will then link into your account on the uefa app. That's what happened last time.

Tickets will only work on the UEFA app

3 hours ago, GLOSTA said:

cheers

On sale in both places but only until June 16th. Will move + 1 day each day! I’d book direct with deutchebahn!, rather than the  Trainline! The first 2 trains I booked were simple everything  in English, and tickets directly available on their app immediately on booking!! 

3 hours ago, GLOSTA said:

So having a match ticket alone does not get you on a regional train for free but you also need to show the EURO 2024 Fan Pass which you will get in due course on the UEFA app if you have a match ticket? 

18 minutes ago, Broath Boy said:

Been reading this review https://onemileatatime.com/deutsche-bahn-ice-first-class-review/ seems you get very little for your first class ticket.

If your only paying a small premium on the 2nd class fare the extra space especially if you’ve luggage in busy trains is probably worth it. I’ve 2 trains booked one of 4 hours first class booked, 2nd one an hour journey just booked 2nd! 

Edited by macwomble

1 hour ago, GHfaeGTA said:

So having a match ticket alone does not get you on a regional train for free but you also need to show the EURO 2024 Fan Pass which you will get in due course on the UEFA app if you have a match ticket? 

I am assuming it is because the match ticket isn't active in the app until you get to the ground and the stewards activate it. The pass presumably giving you a QR code for use on trains.

The twice I have been to Germany v Scotland in Dorrmund we had very effective pieces of paper 

5 hours ago, bonzo said:

Trainline 👍

Got our Brussels to Cologne legs booked.... even linked into Eurostar app. And at a good price too at peak time.

But too early for Stuttgart back to Brussels. Assume will be on sale soon though.

1 hour ago, GLOSTA said:

Got our Brussels to Cologne legs booked.... even linked into Eurostar app. And at a good price too at peak time.

But too early for Stuttgart back to Brussels. Assume will be on sale soon though.

Good stuff, over the holidays we'll get Hannover to Cologne and Hannover to Stuttgart booked.

4 hours ago, GLOSTA said:

I am assuming it is because the match ticket isn't active in the app until you get to the ground and the stewards activate it. The pass presumably giving you a QR code for use on trains.

The twice I have been to Germany v Scotland in Dorrmund we had very effective pieces of paper 

Greta Thunberg would not be impressed.