Free travel - ticket holder - Scotland v Germany - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Free travel - ticket holder

GaryWood34

Just now, Mazziessc said:

It's not city to city but UEFA website has full info. You'll need to pay public transport for a portion of the trip but not all.

Match ticket holders are entitled to a 36 Hour Travel Pass across the entire MVV (Münchner Verkehrs- und Tarifverbund) network at no additional cost. The pass is valid from 06:00 on matchday until 18:00 the following day.

https://www.uefa.com/euro2024/event-guide/munich/travel/

Stuttgart and Munich are in separate "zones", so your ticket will not be valid for the start of the journey.

You can either buy a ticket to the nearest city in the zone for Munich from Stuttgart and get a free train from there, but being honest, most the time its just as well buying a ticket straight to Munich, as there is only a tiny saving to be made

1 minute ago, HelloJock said:

I'm probably being daft but if I book online now then how do they know if I have a match ticket or not?

If you have your match ticket, it give you free access to the regional trains (ie think Largs to Glasgow Central.... but not in the sense of jumping on one of the West Coast London trains at Motherwell to get to Glasgow) which you do not really need to do, and would gust show the conductor your ticket on your app, but if you are outside of the zone for Munich you are booking one of the Inter-city trains (ie Glasgow to London), which your ticket does not cover.

16 minutes ago, wanderer said:

If you have your match ticket, it give you free access to the regional trains (ie think Largs to Glasgow Central.... but not in the sense of jumping on one of the West Coast London trains at Motherwell to get to Glasgow) which you do not really need to do, and would gust show the conductor your ticket on your app, but if you are outside of the zone for Munich you are booking one of the Inter-city trains (ie Glasgow to London), which your ticket does not cover.

Thanks for the reply, any idea where I can check if my hotel (which is not far from Munich airport) is included? 

3 minutes ago, Barry89 said:

You're in the MVV network area.

https://www.mvv-muenchen.de/fileadmin/mediapool/03-Plaene_Bahnhoefe/Netzplaene/MVV_Netzplan_S_U_R_T_X.pdf

There's the MVV map, you're in between the airport and Erding both of which are covered by the network.

Thanks for checking that for me mate. i think it'll be a short taxi to Erding station and a direct train to Munich central for us

8 hours ago, scottincarlisle said:

Last time in Germany we travelled from Dusseldorf to Dortmund on match day & that was free. I think that's about 50 miles.

It's not about the distance in miles, it's about the local transport network. Düsseldorf and Dortmund are both in same network = VRR. Back then ticket was valid for VRR so you could go for free between the two places.

1 hour ago, TA-West Germany said:

It's not about the distance in miles, it's about the local transport network. Düsseldorf and Dortmund are both in same network = VRR. Back then ticket was valid for VRR so you could go for free between the two places.

Are Cologne and Essen on same network?

Just got my tickets sorted from Weeze day of the game and from Munich to Essen day after the game. 80 euro first class so happy enough with that. Using Essen as a base until we go to Stuttgart. 

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Are Cologne and Essen on same network?

Just got my tickets sorted from Weeze day of the game and from Munich to Essen day after the game. 80 euro first class so happy enough with that. Using Essen as a base until we go to Stuttgart. 

Cologne is VRS and Essen is VRR so normally they wouldn't be the same network but for the Euros the below seems to suggest for the 36 hour travel pass for ticket holders VRS and VRR will be treated as one network rather than separate.

https://www.uefa.com/euro2024/event-guide/ticket-holders/

48 minutes ago, Barry89 said:

Cologne is VRS and Essen is VRR so normally they wouldn't be the same network but for the Euros the below seems to suggest for the 36 hour travel pass for ticket holders VRS and VRR will be treated as one network rather than separate.

Yeah, if you stay in VRR (Essen) and travel to a game in Cologne (VRS) this will do as also VRR has host cities for games and you are allowed to travel for those 36 hrs within host city area to travel to another host city area. so: yes!!! :)

3 hours ago, Barry89 said:

2 hours ago, TA-West Germany said:

Yeah, if you stay in VRR (Essen) and travel to a game in Cologne (VRS) this will do as also VRR has host cities for games and you are allowed to travel for those 36 hrs within host city area to travel to another host city area. so: yes!!! :)

Ideal lads, cheers

4 hours ago, The Bunnet said:

We do not actually have a physical ticket or even the code by then...What would you show, email, receipt?  I reckon it will be open house for anyone..ticket or not in the zones...

I’m fairly sure there will be an app to download or something. Or something added to the UEFA app maybe?