New strip for Euro 2024?? - Euro 2024 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

New strip for Euro 2024??

bigfingers

I do not work in marketing but even I realise that the best/ultimate time to release merchandice is to mark special occasions. It happens in all entertainment industries as it when there is the biggest appetite, enthusiasm and market for it. Like if a Star Wars film comes out you get a rash of toys and DVD re-releases. 

Us qualifying for the Euros and the excitement that brings is the perfect window to release a new Scotland top and most likely two (one home and one away top). It would beca Iwelumo-style open goal miss on a marketing front if a new top is not released by the SFA.

New kit out in March (imagine will get its debut against the Netherlands), as the current kit was released with the cycle that it would have been worn at the last World Cup had we qualified.

Imagine an away kit will follow at same time, if not just afterwards

On 12/10/2023 at 5:22 PM, bigfingers said:

I’ve been having a debate with my mate whether we will have a new Scotland top for the Euros. He thinks we will. I personally think we will keep the current one for Germany as it’s the one we wore to qualify. What does everyone else think?

Minimum will be addition of a Euro 2024 badge. But probably 2, maybe 3 kits

I wouldn't be surprised if it's written into the SFA's contract with Adidas that they update their kits every 2 years, in line with the new tournament cycle.  I think every team will have a new jersey for Euro 2024.

Pesonally, I'd love it if the SFA reverted to the classic 150th anniversary strip for the tournament, but I think UEFA's rules probably preclude it.  I know have an annoying tradition-breaking rule requiring shirts/shorts/socks to all be predominently the same colour, despite lots of countries having over a century of tradition of kits with different a coloured shirt/short/socks combination.