Ticket Swap SCO V HUN - Euro 2024 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ticket Swap SCO V HUN

fazlikeus

After a complete nighmare experienced on the booking site and an expensive first game choice!, I thought I would start a thread for future ticket swap. many of us have single tickets for a different category form our friends/family

e. g. 

I have a fans ticket for HUN game and my son has cat3. if someone has the same issue we can agree to add the 'seat with' codes now for each other and swap the tickets later.

I'm happy to take either category in the swap to sit together.

if interested message me

Cheers

Getting exiting now!!!

16 hours ago, fazlikeus said:

After a complete nighmare experienced on the booking site and an expensive first game choice!, I thought I would start a thread for future ticket swap. many of us have single tickets for a different category form our friends/family

e. g. 

I have a fans ticket for HUN game and my son has cat3. if someone has the same issue we can agree to add the 'seat with' codes now for each other and swap the tickets later.

I'm happy to take either category in the swap to sit together.

if interested message me

Cheers

Getting exiting now!!!

Hi mate, I have the opposite (or exact same?) problem. My 2 pals got Fans First for Hungary and I'm in Cat 3.

Would be willing to swap you, so you can sit with your boy in Cat 3?

4 minutes ago, HelloJock said:

Could they not just give each other their log ins for their uefa ticket portal app? 

That is possible, I know a couple of people thinking of doing it. Bit difficult doing it with someone you don't know and fully trust though.

There is also the risk of these ID checks being enforced, but I have never seen any form of ID check done for games where we have had to submit details

Just now, N4Footsoldier said:

That is possible, I know a couple of people thinking of doing it. Bit difficult doing it with someone you don't know and fully trust though.

Just copy the scene from Goodfellas when they're robbing the truck and Robert De Niro takes a look at their passport

"You might know who we are, but we KNOW who you are"

8 minutes ago, Bosh96 said:

A good chunk of the Cat3 seats are in the same stand as the Fans First ones in Stuttgart. Good chance that it’s these ones which were given to us. Might be possible to just switch seats at the game?

Good to see there are still some people that subscribe to the "each to their own" policy with regards to seating.

Nothing worse than some banger coming up and saying "I'm seat 76 mate" - GTF pal

Although for these games I imagine it will be stricter given the price difference between seats and the opportunity to link orders. What I won't stand for is people insisting that we sit down for the 90mins

On 12/8/2023 at 10:12 AM, N4Footsoldier said:

Good to see there are still some people that subscribe to the "each to their own" policy with regards to seating.

Nothing worse than some banger coming up and saying "I'm seat 76 mate" - GTF pal

Although for these games I imagine it will be stricter given the price difference between seats and the opportunity to link orders. What I won't stand for is people insisting that we sit down for the 90mins

I think the suggestion (or if it wasn't this would be a possibility) is that you could use the seat together option and then if Cat 3 and FF were in the same area you could just swap seats in the ground. No harm linking your order to a random and then when you get the seating plan on the day sorting out something.

4 minutes ago, rOsCo2 said:

I think the suggestion (or if it wasn't this would be a possibility) is that you could use the seat together option and then if Cat 3 and FF were in the same area you could just swap seats in the ground. No harm linking your order to a random and then when you get the seating plan on the day sorting out something.

Agreed but there is also nothing worse than someone sitting in your seat. 

When we got to Wembley in 2021 people were sitting in our seats and we got a mouthful of abuse for asking them to move. 

25 people crammed into a row of 18 seats at Hampden is also annoying. Just sit in the seats you’ve bought ffs (unless you get a genuine swap). 

Edited by Texas Pete

3 hours ago, rOsCo2 said:

That’s what I was thinking, given there’s multiple categories in a stand, there’s a pretty good chance that arranging to swap with someone would be easy enough. 

14 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

Agreed but there is also nothing worse than someone sitting in your seat. 

I've really never understood this argument for away games. Literally no one gets a choice on what exact seat they sit in so people in bigger groups who book separately understandably want to stand with their mates during the game where everyone has basically an identical view, unless there are different pricing categories per section for example. Which is why I think the Euros seating will be a bit more formal.

I'd be happy to understand arguments otherwise, but there's nothing worse than somebody coming up to a group of folk standing together and having a laugh and saying "Hi mate I'm actually in eat 112" or whatever, when there is clearly space in the exact same spot in the row behind.

Edited by N4Footsoldier

16 minutes ago, N4Footsoldier said:

I've really never understood this argument for away games. Literally no one gets a choice on what exact seat they sit in so people in bigger groups who book separately understandably want to stand with their mates during the game where everyone has basically an identical view, unless there are different pricing categories per section for example. Which is why I think the Euros seating will be a bit more formal.

I'd be happy to understand arguments otherwise, but there's nothing worse than somebody coming up to a group of folk standing together and having a laugh and saying "Hi mate I'm actually in eat 112" or whatever, when there is clearly space in the exact same spot in the row behind.

So it’s fine to stop someone sitting with their mates so you can sit with your mates?

13 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

So it’s fine to stop someone sitting with their mates so you can sit with your mates?

The process is quite simple. Get to the ground, find a spare bank of seats big enough for your group, and go there. Even in the unlikely scenario that's not the case, depending on the format of the ground it's possible to view it from places where there are no seats, basically everyone is standing anyway, which is much more efficient for space.

Other times when people are getting to the ground separately and people don't manage to meet up with the people they would normally be with, that can happen. You're not going to get a megaphone out and announce to 2000 people or whatever that you require to find Block D Row J Seat 19

Edited by N4Footsoldier

1 hour ago, N4Footsoldier said:

The process is quite simple. Get to the ground, find a spare bank of seats big enough for your group, and go there. Even in the unlikely scenario that's not the case, depending on the format of the ground it's possible to view it from places where there are no seats, basically everyone is standing anyway, which is much more efficient for space.

Other times when people are getting to the ground separately and people don't manage to meet up with the people they would normally be with, that can happen. You're not going to get a megaphone out and announce to 2000 people or whatever that you require to find Block D Row J Seat 19

What would be even simpler would be for everyone just to sit on their allocated seat like an adult. In all honesty though it’s more the people who do it at Hampden who annoy me. 

16 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

What would be even simpler would be for everyone just to sit on their allocated seat like an adult. In all honesty though it’s more the people who do it at Hampden who annoy me. 

I do agree that everyone should be at their own seat for home games as there are people who picked specific seats and families sat together etc, with the slight exception of the North Stand but even then everyone I've ever seen is at least in the same row, allocated seat range of their mates

19 hours ago, N4Footsoldier said:

Butterfly effect, ever heard of it?

20 hours ago, N4Footsoldier said:

This doesn't really work in a sell out scenario, if there are no other spare seats around. I couldn't get to my area in Seville, but I got moved on several times by fans who's seat i'd taken because there was no-where else for them to sit

20 hours ago, N4Footsoldier said:

You and your pals sound like a selfish shower of shytes. The type of selfish shower of shytes that the Scotland support could well do without. Just go into the ground and find your seats, simple. Nae need for a megaphone, unless you can't read? 

Your system works fine if the stadium is half empty, but that won't be the case in Germany.

22 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

You and your pals sound like a selfish shower of shytes. The type of selfish shower of shytes that the Scotland support could well do without. Just go into the ground and find your seats, simple. Nae need for a megaphone, unless you can't read? 

Your system works fine if the stadium is half empty, but that won't be the case in Germany.

100%

The agro i see the most in amongst our own support is when people are in the wrong seats and you cant fit in the rows. So awkward for small groups and couples, parent/child etc to try and shift larger groups out of the way, or end up as i have experience my son and I sharing the space of one seat. When a bus load arrives late it's chaos if people are in their seats. Completely selfish and uneccessary.

Go to your own seat, it's no difficult.

On 12/8/2023 at 10:12 AM, N4Footsoldier said:

Bit of a contradiction saying “What I won’t stand for is someone insisting that we sit down” 😜