Staying - Page 2 - Scotland v Germany - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Staying

Rents

Motel One in Munich. There are 4 of them and I think you can only book direct. Theye were cheaper than all the hotel bookings sites but prices were rising fast after the draw.

Back home for a couple of days- then Eurostar ro Cologne via Brussels... Motel One Cologne,then onto Wiesbaden and one night in Stuttgart,  back to Cologne from there to Eurostar back for the 6 day gap until we are in Round of 16.

Munich Accomodation......

If interested our senior vets football group have  had 24 beds booked many months ago but now sadly three lads can't  go.
We are looking to recoup hotel & flight costs for them.

Four nights commencing Friday 14th June ( v Germany date)
- 3 bed room (bunks and single bed), bathroom,  breakfast included four nights £1200.  (£100 pppn)

Good hotel, H2 munchen Olympiapark hotel, very close to main Fanzone.

Let me know if interested.

On 12/7/2023 at 4:38 PM, Wull the Gull said:

Gonna drive over and base myself in Heidelberg for the duration. Its one of my favourite cities in Germany. There's direct trains to Munich and Cologne from there.

Whit's transport back after the Hungary game going to be like? Currently due to stay in Karlsruhe but could be tempted to Heidelberg.. 

On 12/11/2023 at 9:23 AM, Bzzzz said:

Whit's transport back after the Hungary game going to be like? Currently due to stay in Karlsruhe but could be tempted to Heidelberg.. 

I'm in Karlsruhe that day, looks like there are trains around midnight and in the early hours of the morning. Well hope there is, as flying from Baden Baden on the Monday🤣

14 hours ago, Redbairn said:

I'm in Karlsruhe that day, looks like there are trains around midnight and in the early hours of the morning. Well hope there is, as flying from Baden Baden on the Monday🤣

Aye, saw that flight and thought, "nae chance" 😂

Flyin hame from Geneva via Zurich ...

For the Germany game staying in Remegan (just south of Bonn) for the duration of my stay, and for the Germany game, booked on the 5am train to Munich (in for 10:20) and then back at 3am after the game up to Remegan (via Mannhiem), which gets us back for 10am.

Luckily we are just a stone throw from Cologne, and for Stuttgart we have a hostel booked for the night of the game, then on the KLM flight back to Glasgow the next morning.

• 1 month later...

Eight of us have booked a "luxury farmhouse" in southern Bavaria, an hour from Munich. (May turn into nine or ten people) Staying for nine days, and making the 6½ hour drive to Cologne on the 19th, hotel overnight, then back to Bavaria.

We're making a holiday of it, as this helped us to sell it to the missuses. "The hills are alive with the sound of music" and all that.

Football, dear? Ah, yes, there are a couple games on, I believe. Me and the lads may wander off to Munich and Cologne if we're not too busy those days...

• 2 weeks later...

Me and my dad are staying at Holiday Inn Express Munich - City East from Thursday - Sunday. Hotel situated in decent wee location with the local station just round the corner from the hotel. He's going to head back home on the Sunday and I will get train onto Cologne that same day.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/7/2023 at 10:12 AM, Robert H said:

Hi, we are a senior vets team in Manchester, go away every year to play a local team in Europe.  Many months ago booked 24 beds in good hotel near olympia Park fanzone  munich, arriving Friday 14th June. Now only 20/21  going so got a spare triple or quad room with bfast for four nights, open to good offers.

Robert H.

On 12/4/2023 at 11:59 PM, Craigos said:

We're staying in the 'MyMinga' 😁 in the centre of munich.

Staying in MyMinga as well. 3 nights. Not sure how close to the centre it is. Looks fairly close.

6 hours ago, John A Mackenzie said:

Staying in MyMinga as well. 3 nights. Not sure how close to the centre it is. Looks fairly close.

MyMinga sounds like someone you wake up next to after a night on the piss 🥴