Charter flights - Euro 2024 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Charter flights

HelloJock

Just done a Georgia with Wonky Sheep and it was very good apart from one a***hole goin*over but they tried to deal with him as best they could. 3 staff for the entire trip and I’d recommend them. It would have been ideal if they could release details of their trips prior to the draw but I recognise they can’t give exact prices till the draw. It was pricey for our 2 nighter so goodness knows what they will charge for their planned 3, 5, 10 night trips…if that’s what’s they eventually do. We were told by staff they already have hotels booked off so are planning charters but you can join their mailing list for info or join their club for £50 to guarantee a space on their trip.

Have you looked at commercial flights? Just looking at Lufthansa there are 3 direct flights a day to Frankfurt from Edinburgh and 2 from Glasgow. Plenty from the Sleazy and Ryan to various other locations as well. This has to be one of the easiest host countries for us to get to get to!

7 minutes ago, rOsCo2 said:

Have you looked at commercial flights? Just looking at Lufthansa there are 3 direct flights a day to Frankfurt from Edinburgh and 2 from Glasgow. Plenty from the Sleazy and Ryan to various other locations as well. This has to be one of the easiest host countries for us to get to get to!

it's easy to get to but the flight i booked for £60 to Dusseldorf on the 13th is now £289 one way!

Yeah, we booked from Newcastle and prices have rocketed there as well. You can fly a little further afield and hire a car and public transport is pretty solid as many have commented. 

I've only looked at Wonky Sheep a couple of times, but they are not the cheapest either.

3 hours ago, Scotschic said:

Just done a Georgia with Wonky Sheep and it was very good apart from one a***hole goin*over but they tried to deal with him as best they could. 3 staff for the entire trip and I’d recommend them. It would have been ideal if they could release details of their trips prior to the draw but I recognise they can’t give exact prices till the draw. It was pricey for our 2 nighter so goodness knows what they will charge for their planned 3, 5, 10 night trips…if that’s what’s they eventually do. We were told by staff they already have hotels booked off so are planning charters but you can join their mailing list for info or join their club for £50 to guarantee a space on their trip.

Only takes one unfortunately.

What a nonsense. Booking now doesn’t make much sense as we may play on last day of round 1 meaning you’ve forked out 4 nights hotel / beer / food / entertainment so the money saved makes no sense. 

anyway - quick check there - can get to Berlin for under £70 on any of the first 4 days from Edinburgh. 

27 minutes ago, GaryWood34 said:

What a nonsense. Booking now doesn’t make much sense as we may play on last day of round 1 meaning you’ve forked out 4 nights hotel / beer / food / entertainment so the money saved makes no sense. 

anyway - quick check there - can get to Berlin for under £70 on any of the first 4 days from Edinburgh. 

Unless flights have shot up in the past half hour there's no days after the start of the tournament with flights between Edinburgh and Berlin for under £70 unless you do daft stopovers and spent 9hrs+ getting there.

97nbDbJ.png

Edited by Barry89

2 hours ago, GaryWood34 said:

Depends what you are going for. My group is going for 10 days guaranteeing being there for two group games no matter where we land. Rest of the time being a tourist and maybe try and catch another game or two if possible. As it stands we are not attending third group game, so will leave a few spare for those scrambling around on 11 points.

• 2 months later...
25 minutes ago, SteveHFC said:

Long shot but wonder if they would do charter flights for travel on the day of each games?

I’m sure one of Wonky Sheep or Sport Options said that they’d looked at running single game trips and it ended up having to be an offering by Eurostar train for it to be economical.  So didn’t sound like it there was anything promising in terms of say trips.  

I think that would be the companies to ask though if you want to check if they have anything in the pipeline.