Ticket Sales, PHASE 2: Unsuccesful in Ticket Lottery - Page 3 - Euro 2024 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ticket Sales, PHASE 2: Unsuccesful in Ticket Lottery

Craig Fae Hamilton

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got 4 tickets for the Hungary game this morning. The expensive ones at 400 euros a pop. Seems from other social media that quite a number of Scotland fans got those tickets, presumably because neutrals had not interest in paying that amount for a game they weren't bothered about. This does mean I have 2 spare tickets for the Hungary game - bought through Live Football Tickets a couple of weeks ago. Obviously they are expensive too, works out at £327 a ticket after fees. If anyone is interested in these feel free to send me a PM.

I got tickets for 4 games. All 3 Scotland games plus a Slovakia v play off winner game in Dusseldorf 

The more games you apply for in the ballot the more you'll get if successful seems to be how it worked in 2016 and tickets were being thrown about like smarties in 2021 but that wasn’t in peace time tbf

There’ll be a chance next week probably when folk haven’t paid for their tickets they’ve been dejected for today 

9 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

I got tickets for 4 games. All 3 Scotland games plus a Slovakia v play off winner game in Dusseldorf 

The more games you apply for in the ballot the more you'll get if successful seems to be how it worked in 2016 and tickets were being thrown about like smarties in 2021 but that wasn’t in peace time tbf

There’ll be a chance next week probably when folk haven’t paid for their tickets they’ve been dejected for today 

What an absolutely incredible result. From what I’ve read you’ve been very lucky. 99% were rejected. Well done. 

13 minutes ago, GaryWood34 said:

What an absolutely incredible result. From what I’ve read you’ve been very lucky. 99% were rejected. Well done. 

If I’d been successful for every game I applied for then I wouldn’t have got any tickets because I wouldn’t have been able to afford to pay the overall cost.

The overall balance was going into the tens of thousands. It’s extremely unlikely you’ll get a full application successful from the last two tournaments so took a gamble and luckily it paid off 

I also got myself a divorce, new house, a CSM direct debit set up and a tinder account 

3 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

If I’d been successful for every game I applied for then I wouldn’t have got any tickets because I wouldn’t have been able to afford to pay the overall cost.

The overall balance was going into the tens of thousands. It’s extremely unlikely you’ll get a full application successful from the last two tournaments so took a gamble and luckily it paid off 

I also got myself a divorce, new house, a CSM direct debit set up and a tinder account 

Hahahah

On 1/26/2024 at 1:13 AM, DoonTheSlope said:

That’s the four we have ended up with. Bought our three through the SSC, but got the Slovakia game in the ballot as something to do between Switzerland and Hungary. 

Just bought my Düsseldorf to Stuttgart train ticket on the Saturday with the Euro 2024 offer. 2hr 30 train, first class for £34 pp. 

J

• 2 weeks later...

Saw on the UEFA website c.20m folk applied for c.1m tickets - doubt everyone would buy what they were allocated so wouldn't be surprised come March there is a decent amount of resale available although expect they'd get hoovered quick.  Any idea how they're doing it or is it another lottery in them emailing to offer you if you failed in the ballot?

Can't see for example an England, France, Spain fan for example who 'only' won Scotland v Hungary or Switzerland tickets taking them up particularly the higher priced ones.  If you'd won a few maybe but as a one off?