Pubs / Meeting Area - Georgia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Pubs / Meeting Area

GaryWood34

20 minutes ago, GaryWood34 said:

“Scam” bar. I like a place that doesn’t hide from what it is. 

Good for them. 

☺️

I just zoomed in on COTTON ROWS on Google Maps... There are at least ten pubs/bars listed as being in that lane.

You can add to that, the lanes off of and parallel to it.

I spent a lot of time there last time 🍺 🍺 🍺

23 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

☺️

I just zoomed in on COTTON ROWS on Google Maps... There are at least ten pubs/bars listed as being in that lane.

I can’t see me moving from that street.

Superb recommendation 

10 minutes ago, The Faithful said:

As a follow on question, are most fans staying in hotels close to this area?

I got tickets for my son and I yesterday, just about to book flights and then look for accommodation so any guidance would be useful.

I suggest you book accommodation this side of Metekhi Bridge OR around Freedom Square OR anywhere in between these two locations.

Last time, I based myself half-way up Rustivelli Avenue (the main street) thinking that would put me equidistant to the two areas I would spend most of my time, but it turned out most of the action was down by Metekhi Bridge.

Not only drinking, but also daytime stuff too... the cable car; Mother Georgia statue; Freedom Bridge, etc...

On 8/4/2023 at 6:52 PM, GLOSTA said:

I was there for work in April...

http://www.mgroup.ge/mgroup/eng/restaurants

We went to this restaurant for a 'supra'... they keep bringing dishes, a bit like a version of Tapas (Georgia was once part off the Iberian empire). If you finish a plate they refill it. There is also traditional entertainment. It's in one of the old parts and up a hill...so a taxi is best bet. The wine was good....

The National Museum is near the main square in Tbilisi.

https://georgianmuseums.ge/en/museum/georgian-national-museum-simon-janashia-museum-of-georgia/

We also went to an an old city and Cathedral of the Gerogian Orthodox church... Mtskheta... if you like that sort of thing... it is a fair trip from the city, so maybe join a tour. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mtskheta

Something to watch out for that I never saw last time...

there are a lot of street dogs that will follow you around. advice is not to feed them because the City does and looks after their health. They don't want you to feed them in case they get too fat....

Have asked a pal there for more suggestions.

On 10/27/2023 at 5:30 PM, Rich NATA said:

The wee lane named COTTON ROWS was filled with bars last time.

image.thumb.png.3e35de6b5e3e32ba3f17c921b3a08819.png

On 10/27/2023 at 7:31 PM, Rich NATA said:

☺️

Drank in that area last time across, irrc one of the pubs had a railway carriage outside seating area.Only 7 mins walk from my hotel

On 10/29/2023 at 10:45 AM, The Faithful said:

As a follow on question, are most fans staying in hotels close to this area?

I got tickets for my son and I yesterday, just about to book flights and then look for accommodation so any guidance would be useful.

We are on the wonky sheep trip and staying at the holiday inn express. The flight is full so I’d guess most might be in that hotel too. 

On 11/7/2023 at 2:07 PM, GroundsKeeper said:

Don't eat a salad, I am pretty sure that's how I caught it the last time.

🤢🤮🥵

Spewed my load , both end at once. Horrendous

We ended up with the skitters for 2 weeks after the last trip ,off work for 2 weeks .Good job we have an upstairs and downstairs netty cos we were both fighting for them. 

23 hours ago, GaryWood34 said:

Any bar more likely to have Scots than others? 

The tram car at Metekhi Bridge is full to bursting with the Tartan Army right now. As are many of the bars on the road from that bridge up to the main square (Liberty Square).