Random question thread - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Random question thread

So. I know google can answer just about any questions these days however there are some things it can’t answer and I dont know where to post this question so just started a thread.

I recently found 6 old camera spools and had absolutely no idea what was on them so sent them away to be developed. Turns out it was mainly family holidays from about  20-25 years ago.

However there are also some pictures of scenery and I have absolutely no idea where they are from. Can anyone identify where this could be ??? I cant believe I wasted a spool on a load of pigeons and an old boat   🙄

IMG_7668.thumb.jpeg.bc5268bee1539dc6f03bbc63400886ac.jpegIMG_7670.thumb.jpeg.14ce7cdfb4612e1fa6956c2b1cce8f17.jpegIMG_7666.thumb.jpeg.8765a4797afbfc8c4880b8da5d8f4f0f.jpegIMG_7667.thumb.jpeg.806c9dbe7e67c96ccf51cb4855703e7a.jpeg

If you had only got the whole number of the ship you would be able to trace what it was - it looks American and a bit carrier like

15 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

If you had only got the whole number of the ship you would be able to trace what it was - it looks American and a bit carrier like

I was hoping some well traveled folk on here might recognise the landmarks. From the time of the other pics in the spool its possibly Cyprus, Greece or Turkey but not sure. 

7 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I was hoping some well traveled folk on here might recognise the landmarks. From the time of the other pics in the spool its possibly Cyprus, Greece or Turkey but not sure. 

Have you tried Googling what's on the side of that car/ van as 'google translate' might pick the language up even if what it's advertising doesn't exist anymore 

15 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

It's defo Greece. Greek telecoms van. Have you ever been to Sifnos?

9 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Have you tried Googling what's on the side of that car/ van as 'google translate' might pick the language up even if what it's advertising doesn't exist anymore 

I cant read what is on it, its all blurred. 

3 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

It's defo Greece. Greek telecoms van. Have you ever been to Sifnos?

No. If its Greece it would probably be Rhodes , Kos or Kefalonia . I will google landmarks to check. I’m 

27 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Old Town square in Rhodes in the bottom photo.

Great ! You are right. Palace of the Grand Master of the Knights in the second last picture. Have no recollection of it at all. Must have been Mr Tidys choice of venue to bore the kids rigjd that day. 

IMG_7674.thumb.jpeg.4d4245fc8da0409e2900f091123dc258.jpeg

• 1 month later...