Best areas in Seville - Spain v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Best areas in Seville

Grantyboy1983

1 hour ago, Grantyboy1983 said:

Anyone been to Seville before and recommend a good area for hotels, bars, restaurants etc? Looking to get accommodation sorted. 

Post it in a Rangers or Celtic forum and I’m sure you’ll get 1 to 2million responses! 😂 

1 hour ago, Grantyboy1983 said:

Anyone been to Seville before and recommend a good area for hotels, bars, restaurants etc? Looking to get accommodation sorted. 

Barrio Santa Cruz is the heart of Seville, centered around the cathedral. Its maze of winding streets is home to excellent, varied dining, several worthwhile museums, and much of the city's nightlife. 

1 hour ago, macwomble said:

Barrio Santa Cruz is the heart of Seville, centered around the cathedral. Its maze of winding streets is home to excellent, varied dining, several worthwhile museums, and much of the city's nightlife. 

Pretty much this.  

I’ve been twice over the years. Most recently at the start of 2020 just prior to Covid.  Went to a Betis game on that visit. 

It is a fantastic city and the bar/tapas culture is just brilliant in Andalucia. Every where we sat down for a drink you end up getting some complimentary tapas snacks, and then can obviously order food on top of that if you want. 

The description above of ‘winding streets’ is spot on. A great city to explore and get lost really just going from place to place.

1 hour ago, GLOSTA said:

Someone I know through work who lives in Seville says Santa Cruz and Triana are good districts.

Triana is across the bridge. It’s generally less touristy and good value but be careful of the bars/ restaurants at the front along the river as some can be a bit of a rip off. Its a good area for traditional bars. 

Agree about Santa Cruz.  It is a lovely area to wander and has loads of traditional tapas bars. 

A less touristy but no less lively drinking zone is around the Alameda de Hercules, which is a big long square in the Feria area located around halfway between Santa Cruz and La Cartuja (the stadium area).  Cheapest beer in the city when I was there ten years ago.  I've never explored Triana but heard good things.

• 1 month later...
On 6/29/2023 at 12:01 PM, Potted Heid said:

Agree about Santa Cruz.  It is a lovely area to wander and has loads of traditional tapas bars. 

A less touristy but no less lively drinking zone is around the Alameda de Hercules, which is a big long square in the Feria area located around halfway between Santa Cruz and La Cartuja (the stadium area).  Cheapest beer in the city when I was there ten years ago.  I've never explored Triana but heard good things.

I’m staying right on that square. 

Did a bit of digging before booking. Seems lively. 

J

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...