Retirement...... - Page 12 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tartanarmy retirement has worked for me many happy memories but fk me alot of regrets , now I'm happily married just making the occasional thistle game , Poland was my last game at hampden for the dark blue 9-10 years ago

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, buckfast warrior said:

Tartanarmy retirement has worked for me many happy memories but fk me alot of regrets , now I'm happily married just making the occasional thistle game , Poland was my last game at hampden for the dark blue 9-10 years ago

Ffs thought you were deid

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2024 at 11:41 PM, buckfast warrior said:

Fuck me there's a blast from the past!

Why did you sack off Scotland games, just fed up?

Don't think i could ever give up Scptland or Killie games. I will probably cut down on aways at some point as i rarely miss a Killie game and do maybe 3 or 4 Scotland trips a year but don't think i could go cold turkey!

• 1 month later...

some days I like the idea of retirement but think I would get bored pretty quickly and I still like the pace and cut and thrust of business. I like the idea of going part time some point in my 50s but quite difficult in my line of work. Phased retirement would be ideal I think.

15 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

some days I like the idea of retirement but think I would get bored pretty quickly and I still like the pace and cut and thrust of business. I like the idea of going part time some point in my 50s but quite difficult in my line of work. Phased retirement would be ideal I think.

problem nowadays due to IT, is you never get peace to work and never get fecking peace - folk booking meetings at 7am to marry APAC or 8pm at night to marry them when WH Side or 8/pm to marry US side when EH side - 3 weeks back I had calls finishing at 11.30pm/12 midnight Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday + people are virtue signalling by always calling meetings - 10 years back had about 2 main meetings a week - not it can be 2-3 a day - and everyone throws the lame excuse they never been trained - so the people who never got trained but worked it out have to lose time to train folk who are not self motivated

Be glad to see back of it - cheerleading myself out

I'll find plenty of things to occupy my time - like going on holidays

39 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

I went part time (phased retirement) last year, my work rota is now 1 week (7 12 hour shifts) working then 18 days off 1 week on again then 38 days off, repeat throughout the year. Best thing I've ever done work wise

7 hours ago, RDFH64 said:

I went part time (phased retirement) last year, my work rota is now 1 week (7 12 hour shifts) working then 18 days off 1 week on again then 38 days off, repeat throughout the year. Best thing I've ever done work wise

that sounds very part time but great!

8 hours ago, euan2020 said:

problem nowadays due to IT, is you never get peace to work and never get fecking peace - folk booking meetings at 7am to marry APAC or 8pm at night to marry them when WH Side or 8/pm to marry US side when EH side - 3 weeks back I had calls finishing at 11.30pm/12 midnight Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday + people are virtue signalling by always calling meetings - 10 years back had about 2 main meetings a week - not it can be 2-3 a day - and everyone throws the lame excuse they never been trained - so the people who never got trained but worked it out have to lose time to train folk who are not self motivated

Be glad to see back of it - cheerleading myself out

I'll find plenty of things to occupy my time - like going on holidays

yeah, exactly same here. I work for a global organisation and emails come in constantly through the day and night. Even when you are not working you are expected to be on 7 to 11 during the week.

the other challenge is with zoom you can literally have every minute booked for meetings from 9 to 5 with no break and then be doing your day job and actions at night.