Forzia Scotia - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Forzia Scotia

csinclair

8 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

McCoist scored 2 against Malta, 1 against Canada, 2 against San Marino. Thats 5 of his 19 against minnows. 

Thanks, maybe the minnows have been around longer than I thought. I just didn't notice them in the past and took thoses games for granted.

Edited by ceudmilefailte

32 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Thanks, maybe the minnows have been around longer than I thought. I just didn't notice them in the past and took thoses games for granted.

No worries, I know you like a stat so I looked it up. I ended p down a rabbit hole looking at Scottish scorers and cap levels for ages yesterday 🤣

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Tbf, prior to ~1990 it was only really Luxembourg, Malta and Cyprus who you could classify as (consistent) minnows during that period - possibly Albania and Iceland depending on the threshold. Liechtenstein became members of UEFA in 1974 but didn't enter a qualifying tournament until Euro 96.

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

No worries, I know you like a stat so I looked it up. I ended p down a rabbit hole looking at Scottish scorers and cap levels for ages yesterday 🤣

I did much the same and  now know how to look after a Bonsai plant😇

Edited by ceudmilefailte

On 3/22/2023 at 3:55 PM, N4Footsoldier said:

I think with our  current crop of players and with practically the abolition of any meaningless friendlies save 1 or 2 max a year, the 80 cap threshold will be broken at least a handful of times over the course of this decade,

I agree, Mcginn and Robertson should reach 80 and possibly Gordon if he gets fit again.

As we are speaking about international caps.........sky sports news are discussing this right now. Ronaldo now has 196 international caps, Sergio ramos has 180

That's insane

On the documentary, thought it was an excellent watch. Love how they have all embraced the culture and look at home in their new surroundings. Should stand them and the National Team in good stead going forward.

Ive always been surprised that Liam Henderson has never featured in any of Clarkes squads. I always thought he looked a decent player and if he is holding down a place in Serie A, he must have a bit about him. 

Going forward, I think Billy Gilmour could do worse than get his arse out there. With his technical ability I think he could do very well out there.

Edited by Judith