Irish Thinking They Will Have A Massive Support At Parkhead - Page 40 - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Irish Thinking They Will Have A Massive Support At Parkhead

andyg83

Stars are alligning for the irish inside celtic park...potential big support,spiritual home etc.that's got the give them an extra yard when they take the field.game on..

Celtic Park is our Spiritual home.....WTF!!!!!!

Pull your head out of the sand mate - its no more our spiritual home than Hampden Park is.

We are the "Republic of Ireland" not Celtic, our spiritual home is and always will be Lansdowne Rd

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is symptomatic of the increasingly political shenanigans of the SFA.

They have clearly tried to look as if they are playing hardball, and are seen to be responding to the criticism of people like me (and the President of the FAI) who think that an Ireland match at Parkhead is not a great idea.

Instead of doing things reasonably, and ensuring security risks are negated - they are flying dangerously into the wind, by forcing Irish fans to buy tickets in the home end, as we have done at similarly popular away games for however many years. Paris, Amsterdam, Dortmund, Wembley, Prague, Cardiff, Alicante etc.

Nobody wins in this situation - the FAI will get the hump, and so give us a minimum allocation in Dublin. The SFA will potentially have a significant overspill of Irish fans in the Scotland end. From a security perspective, this is a ludicrous move - and I hope and believe it wont do, because the majority of both our fanbases are good-natured and enjoyed the craic whenever I've been to Scotland v Ireland games, but there could be issues in the ground. And it is negligent to believe that there will not be, as in managing 60,000 people at any event you should mitigate risk, and the SFA in doing so, have NOT mitigated risk.

I hope that the SFA will see sense, and provide the Irish fans with more last minute tickets - they should have been given 5,000, with a hope that we get a similar number in Dublin. Reciprocal arrangement etc - as we have done in other games. But we won't, and this now means it will be a bloody nightmare for many STC supporters in Dublin (What are we paying our membership for, eh boys & girls......?).

Mark my words, when the SFA start complaining or moaning that they have tried to get more tickets for us - a bit of me will always believe that you reap as you will sow, and so think, "Hell mend us".

It's not our spiritual home. For Irish people our spiritual home is Croke Park or Lansdowne Rd

Dalymount Park in reality.

We rented Croke Park for 3 years but it is nothing to do with Irish football historically unless you are going back to the start of the last century.

Agree re Parkhead nothing to do with Irish football.

Why give them more? What they shouldve done is just done this normally and not told everybody it had sold out before releasing batches of 50/100 every so often. Alot of Scots I know stopped bothering their arse trying to get one after that, if theyd just done this whole thing normally we would have had 3200 away fans, some away in the home end and the rest Scots.

On the night youll see the 3000 away fans and the odd irishman scattered around the stadium. This whole thing really is a non issue. Just hope my 4 points gets me a ticket for the Aviva, if it doesnt I just wont bother travelling.

Oh dear ...now look what the SFA have gone and done....they have pee'd off big J.D :-)):-))

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/irish/2014/1030/655814-delaney-labels-sfa-statement-a-joke/

Equally he doesnt plan on reciprocating what the SFA have done to the irish allocation

On scottish fans allocation in Dublin:

“I don't think there is any point in us reducing their allocation and having more Scots in the Irish section. We'll give them what is fair and deal with it in a neighbourly fashion and not in a manner in how they have dealt with us.”

Edited by Green_Tide_Rising

Why give them more? What they shouldve done is just done this normally and not told everybody it had sold out before releasing batches of 50/100 every so often. Alot of Scots I know stopped bothering their arse trying to get one after that, if theyd just done this whole thing normally we would have had 3200 away fans, some away in the home end and the rest Scots.

On the night youll see the 3000 away fans and the odd irishman scattered around the stadium. This whole thing really is a non issue. Just hope my 4 points gets me a ticket for the Aviva, if it doesnt I just wont bother travelling.

We had a minimum application for 10k tickets, we will have 3200 in the allocated away section in the Lisbon lions section. Most people would have had their travel arangements made so I would imagine that it is not unreasonable to assume the other 6,700 will be scattered around the rest of the stadium. The only thing stopping more people traveling with tickets on general sale is the availability of centrally located accommodation at a reasonable price.

in other words we may get 3000 to fill north stand and the n/w and n/e corners lower levels at the aviva jd aint gonna let the same mistake happen in dublin cheers sfa for ur fuc up. however i bet the sfas friends and families get sorted with tickets for dublin fuk the paying ssc members :angry:

in other words we may get 3000 to fill north stand and the n/w and n/e corners lower levels at the aviva jd aint gonna let the same mistake happen in dublin cheers sfa for ur fuc up. however i bet the sfas friends and families get sorted with tickets for dublin fuk the paying ssc members :angry:

ye will be fine mate - ye will get a decent allocation , from the FAI plus the irish fans wont have any problem if ye get tickets for the home end, so there will be no problems with our lot if ye sit in with us

The FAI will give you 7,000 tickets or so. All of the north stand and half of the west lower.

yeah wud be in general agreement with that

Edited by Green_Tide_Rising

Celtic Park is our Spiritual home.....WTF!!!!!!

Pull your head out of the sand mate - its no more our spiritual home than Hampden Park is.

We are the "Republic of Ireland" not Celtic, our spiritual home is and always will be Lansdowne Rd

It may not be the national teams spiritual home but you can't deny the strong link between Celtic and Ireland and also that Martin O'Neill managed the club for a number of years so will be familiar with his surroundings and will have fellow Celts in his backroom staff Keane,Guppy,Walford.

You can bet your bottom dollar O'Neill knows that leading his country to victory v Scotland @ Celtic Park will be extremely special and very sweet and cement his place in Irish sporting folklore.

TBH I don't care if there is 5k,10k,15k Irish in the stadium it comes down to the 11 men on the field.

It will be a tight tense affair I reckon like 1987.

The odd irish man haha classic!

We had a minimum application for 10k tickets, we will have 3200 in the allocated away section in the Lisbon lions section. Most people would have had their travel arangements made so I would imagine that it is not unreasonable to assume the other 6,700 will be scattered around the rest of the stadium. The only thing stopping more people traveling with tickets on general sale is the availability of centrally located accommodation at a reasonable price.

You're off your rocker if you think there'll be 6000 in the home end

Also people thinking there won't be any trouble if the Irish end up in the home end? A HUGE match, all day on the bevy cause the games at night? Trouble written all over it, I won't be drinking but I'd put my house on there being trouble especially if it's a close close game settled by a late winner or something.

It may not be the national teams spiritual home but you can't deny the strong link between Celtic and Ireland and also that Martin O'Neill managed the club for a number of years so will be familiar with his surroundings and will have fellow Celts in his backroom staff Keane,Guppy,Walford.

You can bet your bottom dollar O'Neill knows that leading his country to victory v Scotland @ Celtic Park will be extremely special and very sweet and cement his place in Irish sporting folklore.

TBH I don't care if there is 5k,10k,15k Irish in the stadium it comes down to the 11 men on the field.

It will be a tight tense affair I reckon like 1987.

Whatever about the links between our manager and ex players with celtic...Calling it our "Spiritual Home" is a pile of B*llox!!!

Absolutely no idea what the SFA are doing here. I am not going to any of the home games. I am not being a cash cow any longer. Out of curiosity I just logged in to SSC and would have been able to purchase tickets for different stands so plenty still avaiable. Why oh why not give the FAI a bigger allocation at the outset as plainly there is not enough demand from Scotland supporters. You can't fault the Irish for snapping up tickets for wherever and by whatever means. We do it for away matches, however the whole sorry situation could have been avoided from the beginning. Indeed this 67 page thread would never have started had the SFA been doing their job properly and demanding that Hampden Park be handed back in the same condition it was prior to the Commonwealth Games in time for the FIRST qualifier against Georgia. One farce after another with a completely incompetent and wholly unfit for purpose body of people.