Coincedence Or Worrying Trait - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coincedence Or Worrying Trait

Caledonian Craig

In this campaign so far there can be little to complain about in terms of our all-round performances and quality of play however two things spring to mind in our two crunch away matches so far.

In Germany and Poland we conceded early goals inside the first 15 minutes which put us right on the back foot but thankfully our character shone through and we mounted admirable fightbacks. Nevertheless we can do without these sloppy starts. Secondly, in both games we have conceded goals in the last 15 minutes and worryingly that has now cost us three points in this campaign. We must rectify these annoying traits or they will be our downfall in this campaign.

I agree with Girvan TA. The German game, we were always going to try and sit in and try to score on the break. The shambolic 2nd goal killed us. Ireland and Poland did the same as us,check the stats, but were more successful. The Poland game we started well and lost a goal from an individual mistake. We then got stuck in and got a lead, but by sitting in defensively and letting them play, exploited our weakness, the defence and let them score. I feel if we had kept playing in the same manner, we might have scraped through.

For me the Georgia game was the worrying one as we appearrred to run out of ideas, and the defence didn't seem to cope when they pressed for an equaliser. In saying that we're where I thought we would be after three games so no complaints here. I'm also not complaining about individual players as I can't improve upon Mr. Strachans selections, and the players appear to be trying their guts out.

The last few minutes in these types of games will always result in the losing team pressing and they have nothing to lose. Just as we did in Germany, Poland and Georgia did against us.

I agree with Girvan TA. The German game, we were always going to try and sit in and try to score on the break. The shambolic 2nd goal killed us. Ireland and Poland did the same as us,check the stats, but were more successful. The Poland game we started well and lost a goal from an individual mistake. We then got stuck in and got a lead, but by sitting in defensively and letting them play, exploited our weakness, the defence and let them score. I feel if we had kept playing in the same manner, we might have scraped through.

For me the Georgia game was the worrying one as we appearrred to run out of ideas, and the defence didn't seem to cope when they pressed for an equaliser. In saying that we're where I thought we would be after three games so no complaints here. I'm also not complaining about individual players as I can't improve upon Mr. Strachans selections, and the players appear to be trying their guts out.

The last few minutes in these types of games will always result in the losing team pressing and they have nothing to lose. Just as we did in Germany, Poland and Georgia did against us.

Good analysis.

We're thankfully unrecognisable from the Levein era, but there's still quite a bit of room for further improvement

If Mon continues to ply his negative tactics of Whelan and Quinn in midfield you'll have a field day for both away games we've been very defensive playing a five man midfield with one up front to date.

MON let the shackles off after conceding v Germany for the last 15 mins the subs worked a treat, just hoping we are positive in Glasgow from the off.

Look forward to seeing this lad Anya, I'd rather if Coleman was marking him then Ward.

Our corners are really poor, individually poor at defending. I thought marshall should have been closer to his line when germany scored the first goal. Hutton should have cleared his lines against poland but hey ho, fine margines like this cost much needed pointsin a group of death.

I was worrying about our centre backs as we are short for quality in depth and strength but they have been excellent, especially martin.