Travelling to Hampden, or Club ground.🏴󠁧󠁒󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Travelling to Hampden, or Club ground.🏴󠁧󠁒󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

This is an interesting topic, been wondering this for a while. How is your commute to Hampden, or your club team? Dont have to say where you live, but how long does it take? Is it, 4am, taxi to train, then onto pub, then another pub, then bus, then taxi, then Hampden for instance. I'm sure some folk leave the night before if far away. I'm sure you all have some stories, especially the older lads and ladies, before mobile phones. That must have been something. Or, do some of you live up the road fae Hampden, then pub, pub, pub, back tae Hampden.. For me it's simple. Airport, drink, plane, 7,000,000 mile flight, via Amsterdam, arrive in GlasgowπŸ™‚πŸ™‚πŸ΄σ §σ ’σ ³σ £σ ΄σ ΏπŸ΄σ §σ ’σ ³σ £σ ΄σ ΏπŸΊπŸΊ. It's all worth it in the end. Win, lose or draw...πŸ™‚πŸ™‚πŸ΄σ §σ ’σ ³σ £σ ΄σ ΏπŸ΄σ §σ ’σ ³σ £σ ΄σ ΏπŸΊπŸΊ

Used to always meet the lads in the Iron Horse and get on their bus. Was always a good laugh on the way over. Not been to a game for a while but for the few years before we stopped going we’d meet in Shawlands or the likes for a few beers and just walk to the ground.Β 

3 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

This is an interesting topic, been wondering this for a while. How is your commute to Hampden, or your club team? Dont have to say where you live, but how long does it take? Is it, 4am, taxi to train, then onto pub, then another pub, then bus, then taxi, then Hampden for instance. I'm sure some folk leave the night before if far away. I'm sure you all have some stories, especially the older lads and ladies, before mobile phones. That must have been something. Or, do some of you live up the road fae Hampden, then pub, pub, pub, back tae Hampden.. For me it's simple. Airport, drink, plane, 7,000,000 mile flight, via Amsterdam, arrive in GlasgowπŸ™‚πŸ™‚πŸ΄σ §σ ’σ ³σ £σ ΄σ ΏπŸ΄σ §σ ’σ ³σ £σ ΄σ ΏπŸΊπŸΊ. It's all worth it in the end. Win, lose or draw...πŸ™‚πŸ™‚πŸ΄σ §σ ’σ ³σ £σ ΄σ ΏπŸ΄σ §σ ’σ ³σ £σ ΄σ ΏπŸΊπŸΊ

We used to leave at 7 or 8am. We would organise a bus from the North East but as the policing of buses became more strict we started taking the train the night before and making a couple of days of it.Β 

30 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

We used to leave at 7 or 8am. We would organise a bus from the North East but as the policing of buses became more strict we started taking the train the night before and making a couple of days of it.Β 

No familiar with the Hampden Area. Are their Hotels or B&B near by the ground?Β 

10 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

No familiar with the Hampden Area. Are their Hotels or B&B near by the ground?Β 

It’s only about a 20 minute walk from the City Centre soΒ easy to get digs in town and make your way to/from Hampden from there.Β 

17 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

It’s only about a 20 minute walk from the City Centre soΒ easy to get digs in town and make your way to/from Hampden from there.Β 

I'm always coming in from Barrhead, pished, so I have no idea where I am.. 🀣🀣🍺🍺

Long story, but true. Booked ma flight for Scotland vs Georgia, at Hampden. All of a sudden, its moved to Ibrox, Ramy starts shittin himself, flight is booked, match ticket still up in the air.. So I get a message from ma TA mate, "Ramy, you have to go to a pub, on the River Clyde, to get yir ticket".. So morning of the match, I'm in Barrhead. Ma cousin, worried sick 🀣🀣, drops me off down by this pub..  No fuckin joke, I am walking up the River Clyde to this pub, no fucking idea what to expect. Then I hear. "Ramy"..  I'm like who in the name of fuck knows me here walking up the Clyde? I have just arrived fae Canada. Turns out, its Will Fae Swindon..🀣🀣🀣🀣.  We have a laugh, then I walk up to this Ferry. Its packed, cannae get in.. I'm brickin it. I say to the doorman "Big Ramy Fae Canada".  2 minutes later, some lad shows up, hands me ma match ticket, then in I go.. Pure fuckin mental.. I do not remember the TA group that got me the ticket, I ended up losing them after getting pissed. Then it gets better..🀣🀣. I'm panicking at this point, how in the name of fuck am I going to get to Ibrox? Then I meet 4 lads fae Aberdeen, I swear. So more drink, and I pished. Next thing I know, I'm in a taxi, drinking buckfast, with 3 lads from Aberdeen, as the other lad had some massive banner in the other taxi..🀣🀣🀣. I'm no making this up..  So we get to Ibrox, the Aberdeen boys point me where to go as I am fuckin steamboats, and away I go. Got to my seat. I believe Shaun Maloney scored, I was behind the goal.  Getting out of Ibrox was another story..🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣.  What an experience, honestly..  Thank you The Legend, Eric The Cheeseman for arranging ma ticket.. 

2 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Long story, but true. Booked ma flight for Scotland vs Georgia, at Hampden. All of a sudden, its moved to Ibrox, Ramy starts shittin himself, flight is booked, match ticket still up in the air.. So I get a message from ma TA mate, "Ramy, you have to go to a pub, on the River Clyde, to get yir ticket".. So morning of the match, I'm in Barrhead. Ma cousin, worried sick 🀣🀣, drops me off down by this pub..  No fuckin joke, I am walking up the River Clyde to this pub, no fucking idea what to expect. Then I hear. "Ramy"..  I'm like who in the name of fuck knows me here walking up the Clyde? I have just arrived fae Canada. Turns out, its Will Fae Swindon..🀣🀣🀣🀣.  We have a laugh, then I walk up to this Ferry. Its packed, cannae get in.. I'm brickin it. I say to the doorman "Big Ramy Fae Canada".  2 minutes later, some lad shows up, hands me ma match ticket, then in I go.. Pure fuckin mental.. I do not remember the TA group that got me the ticket, I ended up losing them after getting pissed. Then it gets better..🀣🀣. I'm panicking at this point, how in the name of fuck am I going to get to Ibrox? Then I meet 4 lads fae Aberdeen, I swear. So more drink, and I pished. Next thing I know, I'm in a taxi, drinking buckfast, with 3 lads from Aberdeen, as the other lad had some massive banner in the other taxi..🀣🀣🀣. I'm no making this up..  So we get to Ibrox, the Aberdeen boys point me where to go as I am fuckin steamboats, and away I go. Got to my seat. I believe Shaun Maloney scored, I was behind the goal.  Getting out of Ibrox was another story..🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣.  What an experience, honestly..  Thank you The Legend, Eric The Cheeseman for arranging ma ticket.. 

That was the Renfrew Ferry.Β  I used to be involved in that Ramy.Β  Used to raise a lot of money for charity.Β  We would keep some of it for the club in ordrer to run a free bus for members and the rest went to Alzheimers Scotland.Β  Great days.Β  Talking about Barrhead and the Ferry it was a guy called Ruary one day and convinced me to join the TAMB.Β  He had just been best man at Alex McLieshs wedding that day and came down to the Ferry for an hour.

6 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

That was the Renfrew Ferry.Β  I used to be involved in that Ramy.Β  Used to raise a lot of money for charity.Β  We would keep some of it for the club in ordrer to run a free bus for members and the rest went to Alzheimers Scotland.Β  Great days.Β  Talking about Barrhead and the Ferry it was a guy called Ruary one day and convinced me to join the TAMB.Β  He had just been best man at Alex McLieshs wedding that day and came down to the Ferry for an hour.

Aye, that was the name of it. Crackin time I had on it that day..πŸ™‚πŸ΄σ §σ ’σ ³σ £σ ΄σ Ώ

1 minute ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Aye, that was the name of it. Crackin time I had on it that day..πŸ™‚πŸ΄σ §σ ’σ ³σ £σ ΄σ Ώ

You must have seen me on stage.Β  Sometimes did the MC but always sang Wembley 77.Β  In 77 we were in 7th heaven as we cheered on our team one by one, The young players here will remember the cheer as we hammered the English 2-1.

Went to that game at Ibrox v Georgia . Left early doors having been up all night and drove 400 miles up the road . Game , pub , hotel by the Clyde then 400 down the next day . Gotta love a home game.Β 
Β 

iirc someone on here took their boy to his first game as there was a wee fanzone thing on too.

Edited by Shaundy

14 hours ago, Shaundy said:

Went to that game at Ibrox v Georgia . Left early doors having been up all night and drove 400 miles up the road . Game , pub , hotel by the Clyde then 400 down the next day . Gotta love a home game.Β 
Β 

iirc someone on here took their boy to his first game as there was a wee fanzone thing on too.

That's a long drive, good on yae mate..πŸ΄σ §σ ’σ ³σ £σ ΄σ ΏπŸ΄σ §σ ’σ ³σ £σ ΄σ ΏπŸ΄σ §σ ’σ ³σ £σ ΄σ ΏπŸ‘