Your first XI vs Austria (Assuming there's no call offs) - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Your first XI vs Austria (Assuming there's no call offs)

Taylor1996

44 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

I actually do like McGregor, though I probably do give the impression I don't sometimes. He is well worth having in the squad, I just wouldn't put him in my first 11. From now on I'll state why others should be in the team, rather than why he shouldn't. Focus on the positives.

Tonight will possibly be a good opportunity to show our next level of progress. I predict a competitive game but we deservedly win 2-0.

A love/hate relationship. Kinda sums up the entire Tartan Army's attitude towards life since 1998. 😛

Nah. Give a balanced assessment. There's pluses and minuses to everything in life, and that's what creates a balance.

Definitely will be. It'll be a good gauge on our development. One thing, i hope is that the players think about how well they've did recently (euro 2021) and they use it to motivate themselves. For too long our players have been in their shells. Hopefully we can win tonight and prove that we belong.

I'd take a 2-0 win. I'd even take a 1-0 win, via their keeper trying to throw the ball, losing control of it and it trickling over the line.

Fourth and final edit....

Gordon

McKenna - Hanley - Tierney

Hendry                              Robertson 

McTominay -  McGinn

McGregor

Dykes - Fraser

1 hour ago, duncan II said:

3-4-2-1

Hanley  Gallagher  Tierney

O’Don McTom McGregor Robertson

Armstrong McGinn

Adams

Not a bad team, but I'd prefer a goalkeeper.

By the way your Nietzsche quote is total bollocks. Were the Romans and Vikings good people? Like it or not, Christianity was intrinsic to the development to every Western country, and is the basis of the modern day Western mentality (things like it's bad to kill someone or shag their bird). The world is a much better place because of it.

17 minutes ago, COLT NY said:

Not a bad team, but I'd prefer a goalkeeper.

By the way your Nietzsche quote is total bollocks. Were the Romans and Vikings good people? Like it or not, Christianity was intrinsic to the development to every Western country, and is the basis of the modern day Western mentality (things like it's bad to kill someone or shag their bird). The world is a much better place because of it.

Nah, goalies are overrated. 🙃

Hey, take it up with Friedrich, I just quoted him. This not the thread for philosophical or ideological discussions though, so another time. 👍

18 hours ago, Templeton_Peck said:

Marshall

McKenna  Hanley. Tierney

Fraser.    Mctominay.   Mcgregor  Robbo

Mcginn    Armstrong

Adams

If Fraser's is on his game I would be more than happy with that team set up he has played defensive right before and the three at the back might not expose his defensive weakness's as much.

Would swap McKenna and Hanleys positions around

Team announced...

Marshall

Hendry  Hanley. Tierney

O'Donnell.                                                  Robbo

Mcginn   McTominay   Armstrong

Dykes    Christie