The Walking Dead - Season 5 - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Walking Dead - Season 5

just watched through all 5 series to date over the last 2 or 3 weeks... terrific acting and dialogue. Great scripts. Love it..

struggling with the idea that a zombie with hardly any muscle left and shaky teeth can simply rip into human flesh like its made of warm caramel. Why dont they just get themselves some kevlar or chainmail ?

suppose the story would be crap if i wasn't for the weaknesses

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Knew someone would have to go but was hopeing it was Carol. Beth was hot. Bit of a dull mid season finale compared to some.

Yup that's the problem. No cliffhanger, no bit of turmoil in the group. The trailer for the remaining half had me more interested than the episode.

Guest Extreme0

An exchange that actually went well without any incidents? My group risked their lives and time trying to save me and actually did?

WELL BEST STAB THIS COP FOR NO RAISINS!

An exchange that actually went well without any incidents? My group risked their lives and time trying to save me and actually did?

Something was obviously going to happen when beth had the scissors.

TBF they wanted the young lad back, and Beth wasn't best pleased about that.

Note to self, if I'm ever going to stab anyone with scissors, remember to ensure that they don't have a gun pointing at my face at the time.

J

Guest Extreme0

Note to self, if I'm ever going to stab anyone with scissors, remember to ensure that they don't have a gun pointing at my face at the time.

Also like to note that you should stab someone in a very fragile point in the human body like the bloody neck and not aim at the shoulder which is also protected by body armor.

Also like to note that you should stab someone in a very fragile point in the human body like the bloody neck and not aim at the shoulder which is also protected by body armor.

Was thinking that too, neck is the obvious area.

Beth was a terribly boring character so no loss. I have been a little bit disappointed with the first part of this season .Started of well and ended in a whimper.

Glad I'm not the only one who thought she was vanilla and the speed is just not doing it

I thought she was a great character and developed as the show went on

Went from the quiet timid young 16 yr old girl from the farm to the 19 year old having a bit of spirit at the end

She went through a lot - Father and boyfriend dying

She also brought Daryl out his shell and made him a better character too

Emily Kinney who plays her is actually 29

Edited by Ally Bongo

Love some of the walking dead t-shirts you can get. Think my fav is the one saying " if daryl dies we riot".

On the Beth front I think it could have been good having her go from the timid little girl she was at the start to a kick ass zombie hunter she looked like she was maybe heading towards. Could just see her going resident evil on a hoard to save a couple of folk in trouble

After 5 series of this I feel completely desensitised to beheading and general violence. Started watching 'the strain' recently and when the main guy had to kill an infected vampire by smashing his head in, his (hot) female companion got all emotional about how we can't just kill them, these are people too etc. etc. (like some people did in earlier series of TWD). I just couldn't connect with her emotionally since everyone knows that you need to smash the head. That's just what you do. So what's her problem? Her character became annoying because she cared about killing the people.

It's then that I realised that I might have been a bit f*cked up in the head. Same thing happens for people who play too much resident evil or grand theft auto. Good for society? Probably not!

Curveball question but could it be intentional that we are being desensitised to things like this?

There seems to be more and more apocalypse/survivor type films and tv series showing and more seem to be telling us how to survive as well as being a good story. Could be just a coincidence but if nothing else it gives a good topic of conversation

I've been enjoying "The Strain" however when you saw the bad guys face it ruined it a little for me. Just cant take him seriously.

Yeah, there was something a bit Jim Henson about it. But the series is decent filler for the walking dead downtime over Christmas.

Edited by thewelk

Curveball question but could it be intentional that we are being desensitised to things like this?

There seems to be more and more apocalypse/survivor type films and tv series showing and more seem to be telling us how to survive as well as being a good story. Could be just a coincidence but if nothing else it gives a good topic of conversation

It would only prepare me for topping myself in the early days!