Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Clyde1998

Gdansk, Poland

Recommended Posts

On 2/15/2020 at 5:36 PM, Clyde1998 said:

I'm heading off to Gdansk in a few weeks for four days.

Has anyone got any suggestions of things to do in the city?

There should be a thread in this section a few pages down from when I went. I wasn't overly impressed but Sopot is interesting, the pirate boat is a giggle and if there's a game on the footie is worth a visit. 👍

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, slasher said:

There should be a thread in this section a few pages down from when I went. I wasn't overly impressed but Sopot is interesting, the pirate boat is a giggle and if there's a game on the footie is worth a visit. 👍

really I thought it was a great spot . as you say there was a thread on it before

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/18/2020 at 12:07 PM, slasher said:

There should be a thread in this section a few pages down from when I went. I wasn't overly impressed but Sopot is interesting, the pirate boat is a giggle and if there's a game on the footie is worth a visit. 👍

Thanks. I'll have a dig for that old thread.

There is a game on when I'm there, so I'll head to that. Lechia are playing Piast Gliwice, who have Tom Hateley playing for them - who came through the Reading academy. I live about 10 miles outside Reading and have a season ticket there.

I'll look into the pirate boat, seems it goes in the direction of Westerplatte which is something I do want to go to.

I've had a few people suggest Sopot, so I'll make sure to have a look around there. 👍

On 2/18/2020 at 8:35 PM, Newryrep said:

really I thought it was a great spot . as you say there was a thread on it before

It might depend on what people are looking for/to do in a city. My sister didn't think much of Barcelona, but others have said it's a great city.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/21/2020 at 8:34 AM, Clyde1998 said:

Thanks. I'll have a dig for that old thread.

There is a game on when I'm there, so I'll head to that. Lechia are playing Piast Gliwice, who have Tom Hateley playing for them - who came through the Reading academy. I live about 10 miles outside Reading and have a season ticket there.

I'll look into the pirate boat, seems it goes in the direction of Westerplatte which is something I do want to go to.

I've had a few people suggest Sopot, so I'll make sure to have a look around there. 👍

It might depend on what people are looking for/to do in a city. My sister didn't think much of Barcelona, but others have said it's a great city.

Is that Lechia game the Cup quarter Final? Lechia Gdańsk are the wee man’s Polish team and we were at the final last year in Warsaw where they won with a goal 7 minutes into injury time! If they get past Gliwice they’ve a good chance of the final again, which is played on May 2nd every year 👍🏼
 

Gdansk is a cool wee city, in fact the three cities there (tricity as the Poles call them) - Gdańsk, Gdynia and Sopot are all good however Sopot is the best in my opinion. It’s not a touristy as Gdańsk and has one of the longest beaches in Europe as well as the longest wooden pier in Europe. We spent 8 days in Sopot in 2015 as we travelled through Poland as part of our wedding celebrations. 
 

As said above, there was a thread here not that long ago covering most of what has been said here 👍🏼

Edited by McTeeko
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heading to Gdansk for a stag at start of April. They're at home to Cracovia that weekend so should be decent.

Feel free to post up about any pubs/clubs etc on your return - would be appreciated!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...